02-06-2012 11:49 PM
I am using a Laserjet 4+ with an internal JetDirect J2550A, firmware A.03.16. I am trying to run ethernet between the printer and my broadband/wireless router. I cannot figure out how to get the network to recognize the printer. I've checked the cable and the port light on the router is on. After a cold reset with the printer, the self test page shows that BootP is on, TCP/IP status says "BootP/RARP in progress," the host name is unspecified, and IP/gateway are 0.0.0.0.
From here, I turn BootP off and try to enter the IP address manually from the control panel. I have tried to assign a high static IP, e.g. 192.168.1.200, but the printer rejects it (TCP/IP status reads, "Invalid IP address."). I have gotten it to accept 220.127.116.11, but I left the default gateway 0.0.0.0 (the router address is 192.168.1.254). This doesn't get me any closer, though. Pings to 18.104.22.168 time out, and nothing is found when the Network Wizard looks on the network for a printer.
I'm stuck, and I'd really appreciate some help.
02-10-2012 09:20 AM
The product you have seems to be a commercial printer. For the best chance at finding a solution I would suggest posting in the forum for HP Business Support!
You may find the Commercial Laserjet board here.
Hope this helps!
If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One, ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One, and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4510 and 5520 e-All-in-One Printer Series