05-01-2011 08:05 AM
Printer : HP Photosmart Plus B210 All In One Printer
Router: DSL 2740B
Basically trying to connect the printer to the exisiting wireless network but having issues with it, as it fails everytime it tries to connect during setup.
The wireless network test report explains that MAC address filtering may be the cause of the problem, however, I have been in the router control panel seen that it is NOT ENABLED and I have also added the printer to the allowed MAC addresses anyway but it has not worked!
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
05-01-2011 03:57 PM
Sometimes Internet service providers have more control over the router than the printer likes.
- Unplug the Internet line that runs between the router and the wall
- Turn the power off on the router, wait 30 seconds, then turn the power back on.
- Go through the normal process of connecting the printer to the router.
- Now find the IP address of the printer (it should be on the self-test printout), type it into a browser.
- On that screen you will find a Networking Tab, then on the left Wireless, then the IPv4 Tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you know what that is, set an IP outside that range but no higher than 254 (the last number in the address). If you do not know, use the current IP address.
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the self-test printout) for the gateway and first DNS.
- Leave the second one blank.
- Click 'Apply'.
- Finally, plug in the Internet line, reboot the router and test.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
05-02-2011 04:20 AM
I solved the problem earlier this morning by changing the broadcast mode in the router control panel, I was then able to connect to network and now can successfully connect and print using wireless devices
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One, ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One, and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4510 and 5520 e-All-in-One Printer Series