Question

Intern
trinaz2
Message 1 of 5 (1,743 Views)
Accepted Solution

New router - now can't connect to my trusty 7410

Windows 7 Pro 64bit OS
Latest HP software: AIO_CDB_FSW_Full_Win_WW_130_141.exe

Changed my router from a Netgear WGT624v2 to a Netgear WNR3500v1.  All PC's on home network are connected.  But my generally solid 7410 will not connect to the system.

Setting up the 7410 via the panel works fine...router/SSID/WPA are all recognized by the printer...but...my PC can not find the printer ? router using WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] option)

Tried Home Network Diagnostics tool....it finds the printer but any attempt at a wireless connection fails:

1) Retrieve WPA/WEP Key,

2) Display Detected Wireless Networks

both report NO networks found ?

Have uninstalled and reinstalled current HP drivers...but the system will/can not detect the 7410...although the 7410 does detect/connect to the network as indicated in the 7410 network setup screen and print out ?

What am I doing wrong here ?  The Network Configuration Page print out shows everything is in order...just NO connection from the PC ?

Previous connection was also wireless thru the old WGT624 ?

Thanks for any ideas on this and what's bugging my 7410 ??

TR

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 5 (1,725 Views)

Re: New router - now can't connect to my trusty 7410

The WEP\WPA Key Retrieval only works of the computer is also connected wirelessly. If it is connected to the router by an ethernet cable, then it'll say 'No networks found'. Is your computer connected by ethernet?

Also, click on Start>Devices and Printers, and check if the printer icon for the OJ 7410 exists.

Also, if you have the IP address of the printer, then type it into the address bar of a web browser and hit Enter. Do you come to the printers' embedded web page?

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Intern
trinaz2
Message 3 of 5 (1,718 Views)

Yes      Is your computer connected by ethernet   (I do have a wireless pci antenna available ?  Never needed it previously

with my PC/7410 )

Yes      check if the printer icon for the OJ 7410 exists

Yes       Do you come to the printers' embedded web page

Thanks....hope this helps figure this out  ?

TR

Intern
trinaz2
Message 4 of 5 (1,716 Views)

opps.....

No      check if the printer icon for the OJ 7410 exists

Intern
trinaz2
Message 5 of 5 (1,668 Views)

Well...got everything up and running and think it was an HP issue and not my new WNR3500...

Remembered about 4 years ago I had beaucoup issues/problems with my old Netgear and this printers setup.

Ended up having to uninstall (including using an HP "scrubber"  to help clean the registry ) and reinstall on all PC's running this printer.

This was a different location but again...this was the solution...uninstalling the HP full driver/apps package and then reinstalling the same version connected the four PC (wireless & cables) smooth as can be...no issues or problems.

All are running fine and all functions are available back and forth among the HP 7410 and all PC's including the laptops.

Thanks....TR

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation