HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
10-05-2009 11:20 AM
10-05-2009 02:42 PM
OK, are your firewalls disabled (Windows & Securty Program)?
If so, you may want to delete the printer and then re-add it in Printers (Start, Printers). Here is how (these are for XP, Vista 64 will be similar):
Verify that you can browse to the printer's internal web page by its IP address in a browser.
1. Click "Start" button --> Printers.
2. Under Printer Tasks, click "Add Printer".
3. Click "Next" button on the Add Printer Wizard window.
4. Select "Local printer attached to this computer". Deselect "Automatically detect and install My Plug and play printer". Click "Next".
5. Under Select a Printer Port option, select "Create a new port" and select "Standard TCP/IP Port" and click "Next" button.
6. In the "Welcome to the Add Standard TCP/IP printer port wizard" make sure that the printer is turned on and connected to same network that your computer is connected to. Click "Next" button.
7. Under "Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port" enter the printer's IP address. Click "Next" then click "Finish".
8. Now, select HP from the list of manufacturers, select your printer from the list of Printer models and click 'Next' button.
9. If you can't find your printer, you'll need to find the install CD and use the "Have Disk" option to select one of the hp*.ini files. Alternatively, you can select another HP printer model from the same type.
10. Add the print spooler name and click "Next".
11. Click "Next"
12. Click "Next" and then "Finish"
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos star in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP