Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I posted in the other thread on this topic (with a slightly less specific name) but that one was marked Solved so I wanted to make sure that it was clear that I am still having this issue. From what I gathered in the other thread, the solution involves a hard factory reset, but that the instructions must be PMed. If one of you could kindly send them to me, I'd appreciate it. This is a very frustrating issue!!

thanks

Drew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

negativedrew, please check your private message inbox.

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
HP Recommended

negativedrew, please check your private message inbox.

HP Recommended
thank you! I will edit this post with an update after I get some time with the printer!
HP Recommended

Great, let me know the outcome.

Also, thanks for the KUDOS! 🙂

HP Recommended
Ok, worked perfectly! I didn't have to do the (semi) full reset as the Enable Wireless menu option solved the problem. It connected right back and printing and scanning both worked. Thanks again!

by the way, what is it that would cause wireless communication to get disabled?
HP Recommended

Anything could have turned it off, power outage, unplugging the printer by the cord first or anything. 

Just keep that step in mind.

Again, thanks for the KUDOS and letting me know the outcome! 

🙂

HP Recommended

I have tried the reset, but it did not help my problem. I have a D-Link 2750b verizon gateway.

I tried your  reseting on the printer. Gateway and desk top too.

Please any ideas?

Verizon blames HP, HP blames Verizon.

HP Recommended

Hey robb10,

I see you have tried the product reset and have been unable to get the printer to connect.  Are you receiving an error about "Wireless Communication has been disabled"?

If so, then this is pertaining to the wireless capacity of the device and should not be effected by the Verizon device.  However, I will say that if you are using a MiFi (router providing network connection to a mobile broadband network) it will have issues with connectivity.  However, if you are experiencing the above error message this is prior to attempting to connect to said network type.

Are you using the Officejet 4620?  Have you tried going into the front panel of the printer under the Wireless menu and enabling the Wireless capacity of the printer?

• Press the Wrench button at the bottom of the printer display
  • Select the "Network" menu
  • Scroll down and select Wireless
  • Select "On"

Does this turn the wireless capacity back on or does it provide an error message?

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I have done the partial reset. The wireless is turned on. I have done a default reinstall of the gateway.   Rebooted computer.

It has a printer has started working by itself, but then it stopped.

Now it will not work at all.

Now it will come up with an error on the "print and scan doctor". It said the passphrase is not the same in the printer. There is only one passphase.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@robb10, did you try the semi full reset?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.