Question

Honor Student
Jason77
Message 1 of 4 (712 Views)

OfficeJet 8500 A910 Won't Print Wirelessly Now

OK, frustration reaching boiling levels.  I have a 8500 A910 OfficeJet that installed and worked fine printing wirelessly for several weeks.  Now all of a sudden, it won't connect via my PC at all.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit

I'm connected to the network with my printer and have an IP address.  Computer is connected to same network but can't find the printer.  I've tried entering the IP address as the printer in the utility but it won't work.  I've tried entering the printer IP in my web browser and get a "page not found" error.  I've uninstalled and re-installed the printer software twice, once from CD and once from HP website.  Firewall is not an issue.  I'm out of ideas.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 4 (682 Views)

Re: OfficeJet 8500 A910 Won't Print Wirelessly Now

Download and install this: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&softwareitem=mp-89191-1

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
Jason77
Message 3 of 4 (676 Views)

Message at install was "This does not support any of the drivers you have on your computer.  You do not need this update."

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 4 (674 Views)

Well, I am still not exaclty sure what models this is for.  Sorry.

You coud uninstall the HP software using the HP uninstaller, reboot, then get the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation