Question

Student
SafetyPro
Message 1 of 17 (13,534 Views)

OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus e All in One fax to e-mail help

I purchased this unit yesterday for my office and I would like to have incoming faxes get sent to my computer as an e-mail.  I have gone through the digital fax setup process but I am not receiving e-mails notifying me of a fax.  Here are some specifics:

HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus e All-in-one printer

Dell Inspiron 570 with Windows 7 64 bit OS

System is on a network but not through a server. Does anyone know how to set up the OfficeJet so it will send me e-mail notification when a fax is received?  Any help is appreciated.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 17 (13,506 Views)

Re: OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus e All in One fax to e-mail help

Hi,

You may set Fax to Email feature from the printer EWS page:

1. On the product control panel, touch the Right Arrow ( ), and then touch Setup . The setup menu displays.
  2. Touch the Down Arrow ( ), and then touch Reports .
  3. Touch Network Configuration Page . The product prints a network configuration page.

Locate the printer IP Address / URL to access the EWS:

1. Type the printer IP Address on you browser to access the EWS page
  2. Click the Fax tab
  3. Click Fax to E-mail / Network Folder under the left column
  4. Click Start Wizard and follow the steps to enable the feature.
  5. Select Forward the Faxes to an e-mail address and proceed.
  6. Follow the steps and provide your email account SMTP settings, similar to those used for Outlook
    NOTE: You may contact your ISP to obtain the settings of your email server.
  7. Click Save and Test to verify any of the settings is correct.

If you use a public email server (e.g. Gmail) and cannot find the needed settings, please let me know and i will try helping you to locate the server settings.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Master's Graduate
prabaa
Message 3 of 17 (13,461 Views)

We saw similar issue caused by the the firewall or Antivirus which blocks the request from Printer.

Disable the Antivirus or Firewall and see whether it works. If works after disabling the antivirus, then you need to setup a rule to enable the incoming fax in your firewall.

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the left to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

Honor Student
Girly
Message 4 of 17 (13,407 Views)

Fax to email is set to attach as pdf's but open rotated to landscape instead of portrait. Any suggestions really appreciated.

Honor Student
kwood82
Message 5 of 17 (12,938 Views)

Ditto here. Having the faxes emailed is great, but for some reason they come through rotated to landscape. Is there a way to change the default from landscape to portrait?

Student
alcorazza
Message 6 of 17 (12,814 Views)

Having the same problem. This feature would be great but this problem makes it almost unusable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Student
Miercom
Message 7 of 17 (12,213 Views)

[ Edited ]

We have tested the product and found this to be a BUG.

The "...fax to email, pdf or tiff attachment is rotated incorrectly"

We have requested support to escalate this ticket to no avail.

It is a prodcut defect, and something HP should fix immediately before further shipping the product.

We DO NOT RECOMMEND PURCHASING this product rhw HP 8600 Plus All in One Printer Family products until the known software issues are addressed.

{Content Removed}

Honor Student
mishaw
Message 8 of 17 (11,182 Views)

I found a workaround that's ficed the problem for me.

First, I logged into the printer by typing its IP address into my web brower (you can find this address if you look at the network settings on the printers LCD screen).

From there, go to the "Fax" tab and then select "Advanced Fax Settings" from the menu on the next page that loads. The setting you need to change is called "Automatic Reduction" and should be switched from On to Off. It was set to "On" by default for me.

So it seems like this Reduction setting is also squishing the image down to a lanscape aspect ratio, at least on my machine. Let me know if you have any luck by using that tweak!

Honor Student
kwood82
Message 9 of 17 (11,174 Views)

I have made the suggested change & will update here when I know if this fixed the problem for us.

Honor Student
mishaw
Message 10 of 17 (11,149 Views)

After making that change the next fax or two came through correctly, but this morning I just received another squished fax. So the problem still persists.

So I'm gonna stick with the old school method until HP makes an update.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation