Question
OfficeJet Pro 8600 scans have vertical lines.
Replies (91)

Intern
jimdoneit
Message 41 of 92 (1,343 Views)

Re: OfficeJet Pro 8600 scans have vertical lines.

i'm having the same coloured stripes problem everybody has. this is obviously a factory defect. my printer/scanner is just out of warranty, and now it is also out of order... i can't believe that HP is not supporting any of this.

you listening, HP ?

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 42 of 92 (1,307 Views)

Hi jimdoneit,

I understand your OfficeJet Pro 8600 has stripes. Click here to go to a solution for this issue.

It is understood that the lid needs to be closed while the printer is initializing to do the scan. If the lid is open while the printer is initializing you will get vertical lines in the scan.

Let me know if this helped or if you are in need of further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
Intern
jimdoneit
Message 43 of 92 (1,294 Views)

thanks for your help Advance23 but i have already gone through all theses processes, to no avail.

the step 5 is "servicing the printer" which, since my warrantee is 2 months dead now, would cost me at least 25€ around here, and i have been in contact with the tech support who says : all you can do is buy another one. if i spend 25€ to hear that i am afraid i will drop a bomb.

considering the scope of this problem over the 8600's user base, and the fact that HP does not seem to recognize its responsability in this matter, if i buy another printer/scanner you can be sure that it won't be HP - and that i will go out of my way to warn potential HP victims about this.

cheers.

VBL Student
Student
VBL
Message 44 of 92 (1,231 Views)

The same problem happens here, and intermittently.

Lots of good scans, then random vertical green lines. No way to turn them off systematically, except to hope they go away sometime.

This is quite obviously a major issue with this printer / scanner model. My guess is that HP would need to replace the entire production to date to every customer?

Intern
jimdoneit
Message 45 of 92 (1,220 Views)

i (and all of us here i guess) certainly agree.

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 46 of 92 (1,187 Views)

Hi All,

I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues with lines in your scanning. Could  you please update your firmware. The links below are for the specific Officejet Pro 8600 products. Click the appropriate link and then choose your operating system click next and scroll down to Firmware. Click on Firmware and download to your computer then run.

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One - N911n

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer - N911g

Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer N911a

After you have updated you will need to do a Power Reset of the printer.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
Intern
jimdoneit
Message 47 of 92 (1,167 Views)

nope - updating the FW has no impact. in fact it was already updated. so we're still stuck on:

scan.jpg

thanks HP...

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 48 of 92 (1,143 Views)

Hello again,

Alright seeing how you have all completed all of the troubleshooting steps that have been posted and have your printers plugged directly into a wall outlet and the issue still persists, I am recommending that you please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl. The may have other solutions that will work.

Thank you,

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
demcpita
Message 49 of 92 (1,137 Views)

DUDE I feel your pain.  Exact same problem, exact same pathetic response from HP and this is my second unit. Only bought 2nd one because I had two new ink packs. They wont get me again. Sorry you're having the same problem and goodluck.

Intern
jimdoneit
Message 50 of 92 (1,029 Views)

no HP people will give you support if you're out by 2 minutes of this miserable 1 year warranty.

they will sell it to you though, the support. so you can pay 25€ to hear that your scanner/printer is in fact shot and it's really too bad for poor you that your warranty has just expired but wont you please quickly buy another one and everything will be just dandy?

@demcpita: i will buy some other brand and use up the ink on the HP crap before dropping it in the trash container since the printer is still (as of now) working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation