Question
OfficeJet Pro 8600 scans have vertical lines.
Replies (94)

Student
joel_lama2001
Message 51 of 95 (812 Views)

Re: OfficeJet Pro 8600 scans have vertical lines.

my hp scanner have vertical lines when i used the scanner.

I want to know what is the main problem?

Intern
jimdoneit
Message 52 of 95 (808 Views)

the problem, joel_lama2001, i am sorry to say, is that, like all of us here, you have bought HP and should not have...

now apparently some have overcome the problem by disconnecting the thing for some time - and probably sacrificing some animal under a full moon.

but most of us are stuck with the sad realization that their scanner has a factory defect that HP wont recognize.

cheers.

Top Student
spouses
Message 53 of 95 (803 Views)

I repost this from a comment I made almost one year ago...the fix still works 100%

I think I solved my own problem  and I want to share the results.

The printer was sharing an extension cord with a paper shredder, both sharing a surge protector. Shredder is located about 2 feet from the printer.

I kept the printer on the surge protector, but I moved the shredder to a regular wall outlet. I also unplugged the printer for about 30 minutes. I never physically moved the printer or shredder however

The problem has gone away.

I am guessing that the electric noise from the shredder was getting into the sensor on the printer that is used in the copy and scanner modes.

I will monitor this fix, but for now I think I have found the problem and the solution.  i hope this helps someone else out there,since the printer is very good.

Top Student
spouses
Message 54 of 95 (800 Views)

and as an additional comment:

I wrote in another message stream last year about this. The CCD sensor that scans the page is sensitive to electrical noise. Do not have the 8600 share a plug or power strip with anything that has a motor, such as a paper shredder. The noise builds up on the CCD and that is why unplugging the 86000 and waiting a few minutes also cures the problem....the electric noise on the CCD dissapates.

Those old enough to remember the old TV system will remember the video noise that was on the TV screen whenever Mom ran the vacuum cleaner. This is the same kind of electrical noise

Intern
jimdoneit
Message 55 of 95 (799 Views)

yes, this apparently works for some - but leaves many cases unsolved.
Honor Student
onefeathere7
Message 56 of 95 (666 Views)

I am using the feeder for copies and scan. The lines are only in the copies when I use the feeder

Honor Student
onefeathere7
Message 57 of 95 (666 Views)

I am using the feeder to copy. Therre is where the lines are.

Honor Student
onefeathere7
Message 58 of 95 (664 Views)

I tried unpluging and I still have the black streek

Honor Student
LMac49712
Message 59 of 95 (627 Views)

BS, I have tried every tip that was given on the six pages of suggestions and nothing works.  It works fine when I put the pages in one by one, but who the heck has time for that. 

Honor Student
LMac49712
Message 60 of 95 (801 Views)

No this does not fix the problem. I have nothing pluged in on this line and i have it running through a surge protector.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation