Question

Honor Student
Iffy_2009
Message 1 of 8 (15,778 Views)

OfficeJet Pro 8600dn factory reset

Any help appreciated.

I have an OfficeJet Pro 8600dn.

Due to an error in setting up a static IP address, the third octet of was entered as '11' instead of '1'. Consequently, I am now unable to use the EWS to connect to the printer to change this.

Is there a way, using the front panel, to perform a factory reset on the printer to return the network setting to DHCP so I can use the EWS to set the static IP properly.

TIA

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 8 (15,771 Views)

Re: OfficeJet Pro 8600dn factory reset

You should be able to get to the EWS with the 11 IP address, unless it just did not connect with that.

I don't have an 8500 available, but there should be a "Restore Network Defaults" under the Networking portion of the printer's front panel menu.

I am employed by HP
Intern
lowbar
Message 3 of 8 (15,762 Views)

I assume you meant an OJ Pro 8500.  If you just have a bad IP address entered by mistake you should be able too:

1.  Enter the bad address into the EWS and make the correction.  OR

2.  On the control panel press the wrench to enter the control panel, press 8 for NW Settings and 3 for IP address.

3.  If that doesn't work press the wrench and the 6 for Tools and then 8 for Restore Factory Defaults.

Honor Student
Iffy_2009
Message 4 of 8 (15,744 Views)

Thanks for the input, but I do mean the OfficeJet Pro 8600DN not the 8500.

The only buttons are 'cancel', 'resume' and the power button - there is no control panel.

I have managed to find all the button combinations/presses for head cleaning, alignment, etc. but cannot find a way to reset the network settings.

As for connecting via the EWS, it will not pick up the printer while set on a different subnet.

The only option I can see at the moment is to use a crossover cable and set a static IP on subnet 11 and hit the EWS that way. Problem there is that I am providing remote support on this printer so that would not be too practical a solution.

Intern
lowbar
Message 5 of 8 (15,732 Views)

aaah, a OJ Pro K8600dn.  I looked in the support section for that printer and I found nothing.  I have a OJ Pro 8000 which appears to be very similar.  For that printer it is done this way...

http://tinyurl.com/reset-nw

Honor Student
Iffy_2009
Message 6 of 8 (15,727 Views)

Yep, sorry missed out the 'K'.

Have tried the method suggested but no luck I'm afraid.

IP address remained on the '11' subnet.

Any more ideas gratefully received.

Intern
lowbar
Message 7 of 8 (15,726 Views)

I would suggest an on-line chat with an HP support tech.  They should be able to help you perform a hard reset.

http://tinyurl.com/hwp-chat

I had trouble making this work with anything other than Internet Explorer.

Intern
lowbar
Message 8 of 8 (15,717 Views)

Looks like I found an answer on the HP Business Support Forum.  It sounds strange but

someone confirms it works.  You gotta love Google.

http://tinyurl.com/k8600-reset

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation