Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My Officejet 4500 is recognized by my router but not by anything else.  Tablet doesn't see it nor does the desktop.  Your also supposed to be able to set it up as sort of a cloud printer...but that doesn't work either.  System is Vista Home Basic 32 bit SP2.

HP= Good hardware + terrible software

Dell= Bad hardware + good support

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi Tim,

I would like to confirm the exact model of your printer.  Is this the G510h or a different model? 

The list of printers and the ePrint (Cloud) support list is here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03722645

Is the desktop also connected Ethernet to the network?  Does the printer network status page show a network IP address?

Which tablet do you have?

I was an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Super-The printer is a HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer - G510g.  The tablet is a rooted off name Android Ice Cream Sandwich.  The other computers are an HP a1650e running Win Vista Home Basic 32bit SP2 dual boot Win XP, a Dell Optiplex GX 620 running Win 7 32bit and this computer is a HP 2000 notebook running Win 8.1 64bit.  Communications over a Netgear N600 router setup as a home LAN.

The Officejet 4500 printer is wired (Ethernet) to the router.  I finally got it to show up and print from the HP desktop.  The HP notebook would only recognize it via USB...I haven't checked if it might possibly be a firewall problem.  The Dell desktop would recognize it over wifi but couldn't find the drivers without using the disk.  In your link I did discover that this is indeed an ePrint Cloud printer and uses HP ePrint.  I haven't had time to mess with the Android tablet yet.

Thanks SuperDave

HP Recommended

BTW - I forgot my first login..so I'm now Timmackey1011.  Forgive my ignorance..but I don't know how to mark your response.

HP Recommended

Tim,

This model will work with the HP ePrint app on the Android tablet.  It can be found free on the Google Play store.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01923321

Windows 7 does have a driver for download: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4062&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3919...

Most routers can bridge connections between Ethernet and wireless so they behave as if they are on the same network.  As long as the HP 2000 notebook is connecting to the correct wireless network, it should work. 

I was an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi, 

I have a mac and the printer is connected with usb and to apple airport wireless to the main router.

I can print but I can't scan !!! is it possible to make it work with ethernet connection to the same aiport or do I need the wifi model to make this happen?

Thank you in advance for the reply.

Best regards

Vasco

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.