12-22-2011 02:34 PM
I have an HP Officejet 4500 wireless G510n-z that seems to drop the connection with the wireless router often. I get a message when sending a print job that states the printer is OFFLINE. I then usually just unplug the power from the back of the printer and it reconnect in a minute or so as it restarts.
I looked for a firmware update but did not find one....?...any help is greatly appreciated. I've even upgraded to a new router and am getting the same issue.
Also...despite doing my homework on this model and finding multiple areas on the HP website and otherwise that this model has a MIRROR print functionality it indeed does not for some reason. Every HP printer I've owned for the last 8 years has had this fuction. Why is this not inclusive to this model..?..
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network