Question

Honor Student
FJPruss
Message 1 of 2 (313 Views)

Officejet 6500 E710n-z - How to set Static IP for Wireless connection?

I have an Officejet 6500 E710n-z CN557A FW CIP1FN1206AR that is being used with a Windows 7 HP Compaq Pro 4300 SFF in Workgroup, normally this is the only PC and Printer on the WiFi network.  The only Internet connection is VZ MiFi Wireless Access Point using 4G LTE cellular connection.

It has obtained an IP address by DHCP, but I would like to assign it a static IP outside the MiFi's DHCP scope.

The various notes on the subject say to browse the printer's EWS and Network Tab and then use the IPV4 left nav to set a manual IP address.   But unfortunately this throws an error.

Is it even possible to set the Wireless IP to static when you are using the Wireless connection to access EWS?

I realize this would cause loss of connection to the EWS at the old IPV4 address, but it would be nice if we could.

Will the Wired LAN connect APIPA if I get a crossover cable?

Regents Professor
sabretooth04
Message 2 of 2 (301 Views)

Re: Officejet 6500 E710n-z - How to set Static IP for Wireless connection?

Did you access the Wireless Setup Wizard from the front panel and set the IP address???

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation