04-19-2014 12:52 PM
I have an Officejet 6500 E710n-z CN557A FW CIP1FN1206AR that is being used with a Windows 7 HP Compaq Pro 4300 SFF in Workgroup, normally this is the only PC and Printer on the WiFi network. The only Internet connection is VZ MiFi Wireless Access Point using 4G LTE cellular connection.
It has obtained an IP address by DHCP, but I would like to assign it a static IP outside the MiFi's DHCP scope.
The various notes on the subject say to browse the printer's EWS and Network Tab and then use the IPV4 left nav to set a manual IP address. But unfortunately this throws an error.
Is it even possible to set the Wireless IP to static when you are using the Wireless connection to access EWS?
I realize this would cause loss of connection to the EWS at the old IPV4 address, but it would be nice if we could.
Will the Wired LAN connect APIPA if I get a crossover cable?
04-19-2014 09:40 PM
Did you access the Wireless Setup Wizard from the front panel and set the IP address???
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network