04-08-2013 04:22 PM - edited 04-08-2013 04:26 PM
I recently purchased the HP 6600 Officejet All-in-One.
which is wirelessly connected to a N150 Belkin wireless router.
The IP address the router gives to the printer is 22.214.171.124 by DHCP.
I am using an imac with OS X 10.7.8,
which is wirely connected to the N150 Belkin wireless router.
Both the imac and the Officejet show up as being connected to the network.
The problem is that, on the imac system, when I try to add the printer. The 6600 Officejet can not be found.
However, If I use a wire connection between the printer and the imac. Everything is fine. printer can be found and printing is ok. Now it can only connect by the cable which defeats the entire purpose of buying an expensive wireless printer.
Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
04-09-2013 07:01 PM
Yup. Belkin routers do not support (or support properly) the Bonjour discovery protocols that your Mac needs to discover your printer.
Try to update the Belkin firmware. Also, look in the router settings to make sure that "isolation" or "AP isolation" is NOT enabled.
If that does not work, I'd suggest getting a standard router like Netgear or Linksys (Cisco).
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection