Question

Student
WayneRan
Message 1 of 2 (431 Views)

Officejet 6600 can connect to the router, but can not be found in the imac system.

[ Edited ]

I recently purchased the HP 6600 Officejet All-in-One. 

which is wirelessly connected to a N150 Belkin wireless router. 

The IP address the router gives to the printer is 134.117.200.161 by DHCP. 

I am using an imac with OS X 10.7.8,

which is wirely connected to the N150 Belkin wireless router.

Both the imac and the Officejet show up as being connected to the network. 

The problem is that, on the imac system, when I try to add the printer. The 6600 Officejet can not be found. 

However, If I use a wire connection between the printer and the imac. Everything is fine. printer can be found and printing is ok.  Now it can only connect by the cable which defeats the entire purpose of buying an expensive wireless printer.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 2 (411 Views)

Re: Officejet 6600 can connect to the router, but can not be found in the imac system.

Yup.  Belkin routers do not support (or support properly) the Bonjour discovery protocols that your Mac needs to discover your printer.

Try to update the Belkin firmware.   Also, look in the router settings to make sure that "isolation" or "AP isolation" is NOT enabled.

If that does not work, I'd suggest getting a standard router like Netgear or Linksys (Cisco).

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation