Question

Honor Student
yakkowarner1
Message 1 of 2 (359 Views)

Officejet 6700 Premium green network light flashing

The green network light on the Officejet 6700 network jack is blinking slowly and steadily (about 1.5 seconds on, 1.5 seconds off), and the connection light on the switch it is plugged into is flashing at the same rate.  Thus, the network connection is going up and down, and I am unable to print reliably.

I did manage to download a firmware update (which went very slowly, as every 1.5 seconds it had to reacquire the network), but this has not fixed the problem.  Connecting to the embedded web server is very hit-or-miss (depending on whether my browser manages to make a request in the 1.5 seconds it's "connected" vs. the 1.5 seconds it's not).  I have replaced the ethernet cable and tried plugging it into different ports on the switch, to no avail.

Honor Student
yakkowarner1
Message 2 of 2 (349 Views)

Re: Officejet 6700 Premium green network light flashing

The device was plugged into a TrendNet TEG-S50g gigabit switch.  I have determined that these two devices do not talk to each other.  (No other device -- including a Photosmart C6100 -- has any issues talking to the switch, and the Officejet has no issues connected to a TrendNet 100Mbit or a D-Link gigabit switch.)

I swapped out the TEG-S50g with the TE100-DX8E+, and it works now (although now I have my home office running on 100Mbit and my entertainment center on gigabit, which is backwards from what I wanted).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation