06-14-2009 01:25 PM
During the installation of my new Officejet 8500 a909a the installation wizard stopped and asked for the path and folder location of Cameradrivers.msi. The installation wizard wanted to look in a TEMP folder it had created. Installation halts waiting for this information. If I cancel out of it, it kills the installation and produces very limited access to the Officejet's capabilities. I have searched all of the file and folders on my workstation for reference to this MSI executable. I have searched the system reg (REGEDIT) for this MSI executable. I have downloaded the drivers and software for my past and current digital cameras and my web cam looking for this executable .... nothing, anywhere. I purchased this Officejet last Monday and had different installation problems each evening that I attempt to install the software. I have contacted HP Total Care On-Line Chat for solutions each evening and spent anywhere from 1/2 to 2 hours on line with them, with 0 (ZERO) results. Sometimes Google searches will yield results, other times playing with the issue with produce progress. The most successful results have been from a level 4 uninstall found on the CD that came with the AIO. I am now able to get this piece of system (POS) about 96% of the way through the installation before it fails. Ethernet What is this installation software looking for and where do I find it.
System information: OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 55 Stepping 2 Authentic AMD ~2202 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0229, 5/29/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
Time Zone Mountain Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 3,072.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 2.28 GB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 4.34 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sysCreative Labs Audigy 2 sound cardDisplay Adapters: Gigabyte Radeon 9600 ProHD Space 80GB 14GB freeCurrent Digital Camera: Samsung S730Past Digital Camera: HP R817Digital CamCorder: Panasonic SDR-H18
06-14-2009 03:11 PM
Since this thread was posted in 2 separate locations, I am going to lock this instance of the thread and redirect users to this thread:
This will keep all of your replies in one easy-to-find location, and prevent clutter.
- Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!
- When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!
Rules of Participation
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One, ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One, and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4510 and 5520 e-All-in-One Printer Series