Question

Student
Britbird
Message 1 of 2 (902 Views)

Officejet 8500A plus won't print wireless

I have been using the 8500A plus for 4 months with not many problems, now it has decided only to work with a USB lead. I can't uninstall it and it won't correct via the troubleshooter guide (which says there is a document in the que preventing other documents from printing.

Help apreciated - Thanks

Intern
RSHP0001
Message 2 of 2 (838 Views)

Re: Officejet 8500A plus won't print wireless

If your wireless connection was working before, and now is not working, then most likely the router is now leasing a new IP address to your printer. If you can touch the wireless indicator light on the front panel screen of your printer, it should display the current IP address. NOTE: If the IP address displayed from the front panel of your printer starts with 169.254.X.X, then your printer is not properly connected to your network. In this case run the Wireless Setup Wizard again.

Next, go into the Printers window within your Control Panel on your computer. Right-click the printer icon for the main printer driver. Then, select Properties (Windows XP), or Printer Properties (Windows Vista, or Windows 7). When the printer properties comes up, go to the Ports tab, and check which IP address the printer is pointing to.

If the IP address in the Control Panel is different, then you can easliy get the IP address updated by clicking Start, then All Programs, then click your HP folder. Within the HP folder there should be a program called Update IP Address. Run this program called Update IP address and this should fix your issue.

As far as not being able to uninstall the printer, if any pending print jobs are waiting to be printed from that printer, it will not uninstall. Try cancelling all documents first before deleting the printer.

Hope this helps!

I work for HP, but my posts and replies are my own.

If this answer was helpful or clarified the issue click the star to offer me a KUDOS as thanks.
If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation