04-09-2013 05:05 PM
I purchased an Officejet Pro 8600. Had some problems setting up the wireless connection but got it to work after almost one day. it worked for a week and then has topped working. I am using an ipad and a macbook air on the network. It doesnt print or scan wirelessly anymore. Have wasted days trying to fix it together with HP support on the phone. Reinstalled everything and rest everything but to no avail. I took it to HP service center and it worked on their router. I tried to use it with my time capsule and my airport express but it did not work on either of them. Tried a fixe IP as well but didn't work. Tried t print using wireless direct from my Macbook Air but my computer doe snot connect to the wireless direct. I am fed up. Wasted a lot of money on something I hoped would work. Tired of calling HP support and taking the printer to the service center. What should I do? Why won't it work anymore? Why did it work at HP's service center? Please help!
04-11-2013 01:11 PM
Honestly, it sounds like you may need to get a new router. It sounds like your router is causing all of your issues.
However, if you would like me to try and troubleshoot the issue for you, I can. What version of OS X are you using?
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One, ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One, and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4510 and 5520 e-All-in-One Printer Series