11-14-2011 01:59 PM
Windows XP SP3
HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909a CB022A
I have been fighting with this printer for the past week, put at least 40 hours into trying to fix this alone. I will never buy another HP product for my office again.
Windows can find the printer on the network. HP Network Diagnostic can find the printer on the network. But the latest version of the installation for the printer, that I downloaded from the website last week, refuses to find the printer on the network. I would do this without the HP software if I could but I need the functionality of hitting the scan button on the printer and it converting those scanned documents to PDF.
Here's a list of things I've tried:
Finding the printer by IP in the setup (doesn't find it)
Using the HP Scrub tool for this printer at all levels (L1-L4) MULTIPLE times followed by deleting the files in %temp% and then reinstalled the full software package.
Disabled all services and startup items.
Disabled the Windows firewall. Tried with Windows firewall installed as well.
Restarted the HP services in services.msc
Un registered Re-registered the msiexec
Ran subinacl to make sure all permissions are set properly.
What I don't understand is why the HP Network Diagnostic can find it and the install can't. It seems to me that without installing all the HP software, I have no way of using the scan button to scan documents - the scanner just says "Select Computer" followed by "No Scan Options".
Can anyone tell me what I've missed in troubleshooting?
11-16-2011 10:49 AM
Bump? Anyone have any sort of advice? Or is everyone seeing that I've followed every step in the HP Support site and nobody knows what else to suggest?
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network