01-11-2012 10:13 PM - edited 01-11-2012 10:15 PM
A few weeks back I updated both the drivers and the firmware for my HP P1102w printer. It worked fine up until then. Now, intermittently, it will fail to print, or there will be a very long delay (on the order of 15 minutes) before documents print:
- The printer will no longer appear in the Netgear Wireless Router's list of devices
- The print job will remain stuck in the print spool
- The printer cannot be accessed by web browser (going to its IP address)
- Neither the HPPDU nor the HPHNDU utilities will be able to contact the printer
I have already done the following:
- Set the printer to remain on (disabled the "Auto Off" option) - problem persists
- Set the printer to use a static IP address (from this post) - problem persists
- Rebooted the PC - on one occasion, the printer activated, but not on other tries. I suspect this was coincidental.
- Powered off the printer, waited 5 seconds, and powered it back on-- this usually get it working again, for a while, and prints the spool.
- EDIT: Adding, I also updated my Netgear router's firmware-- no affect.
I've seen a few other posts related to this issue-- is there a consensus on what is causing this and how it can be fixed? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
01-12-2012 12:19 AM
suggest restart printer spooler service when encounter this kind issue,or reinstall driver.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One, ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One, and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4510 and 5520 e-All-in-One Printer Series