Question

Student
JGee2502
Message 1 of 2 (797 Views)

P1102w - Won't stay connected to wireless network

[ Edited ]

A few weeks back I updated both the drivers and the firmware for my HP P1102w printer.  It worked fine up until then.  Now, intermittently, it will fail to print, or there will be a very long delay (on the order of  15 minutes) before documents print:

• The printer will no longer appear in the Netgear Wireless Router's list of devices
  • The print job will remain stuck in the print spool
  • The printer cannot be accessed by web browser (going to its IP address)
  • Neither the HPPDU nor the HPHNDU utilities will be able to contact the printer

I have already done the following:

• Set the printer to remain on (disabled the "Auto Off" option) - problem persists
  • Set the printer to use a static IP address (from this post) - problem persists
  • Rebooted the PC - on one occasion, the printer activated, but not on other tries.  I suspect this was coincidental.
  • Powered off the printer, waited 5 seconds, and powered it back on-- this usually get it working again, for a while, and prints the spool.
  • EDIT: Adding, I also updated my Netgear router's firmware-- no affect.

I've seen a few other posts related to this issue-- is there a consensus on what is causing this and how it can be fixed?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Top Student
xiaoxiaochang
Message 2 of 2 (776 Views)

Re: P1102w - Won't stay connected to wireless network

suggest restart printer spooler service when encounter this kind issue,or reinstall driver.

I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation