Question

Tutor
maggie75
Message 1 of 6 (154 Views)

PSC 1410 printer all in one

I have a Hp PSC 1410 all in one printer wired to my desktop. How can I use it with my  wireless laptop. Its on there but when i click it is  is offline and I cant change it to online. Can use it fine on the desk top but I had anew hard drive pit in my desktop last week and since then  something has changed that I cant get my printer to be online. on my laptop. Hp helped me set it up on my laptop  when I got the laptop  but now they wont help me as they say this printer has no support. I dont believe that. Wanted to sell me a new printer which i refused as this printer works fine.

Anybody know an answer to this problem?

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 6 (135 Views)

Do you have the printer wirelessly connected to your network or ethernet connected to a router?

If so, then you should be able to print from the wireless notebook.

If you just replaced the harddrive, then it may be necessary for you to perform a new install of this printer. I would uninstall the old software and re-install with the most up-to-date drivers available here.

Hope this helps.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Tutor
maggie75
Message 3 of 6 (131 Views)

Re: PSC 1410 printer all in one

The printer is connected to the desk top wired to the desktop with a USb port, The desk top is using a router with the ethernet. My laptop is wireless. I want to know how to be able to use the printer on my laptop. The printer is showing on my laptop as offline and I cant change it to online. Wont let  me do that. I could use the printer on my laptop as long as the desk top was on which was fine. Eeven with the desk top on it is showing on laptop as offline

Weird.

Tutor
maggie75
Message 4 of 6 (107 Views)

PSC1410 is wired to my desktop usinga usb and the desk top is conntected to a router using ethernet. My lap top is wireless. Used to be able tio print on the laptop as long as the desk top was on and the printer on. Uninstalled the printer from my latop and reinstalled  it from the hp website. Says printer is ready  but wont print. Can print from the desk top fine. Its driving me crazy

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 5 of 6 (95 Views)

So you have the PSC 1410 connected to the desktop PC through a USB connection. You don't have the printer connected to a network, wirelessly or ethernet, itself, but instead want to share the printer across the network of the desktop PC. Is this correct?

If so, then check out the Microsoft support page on Share a Printer.

Let me know if this helps.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Tutor
maggie75
Message 6 of 6 (91 Views)

Hi I just phoned my friendly computer guy and he told me to delete the printer on my laptop and add a printer using the search the network. It found my printer and printed a test page so it was all so easy after all. So  all is well.  Thanks for your help which didnt work. But thanks for your time. Im glad its working now

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation