Question

Student
rdyoungsr
Message 1 of 9 (7,748 Views)

Pairing code

How do I get a pairing code for a Photosmart C4580 wireless printer?

Professor
Picardje
Message 2 of 9 (7,708 Views)

Re: Pairing code

Hi,

What do you exactly need, cause a pairing code is ussually something for bluetooth. If you are talking about a security code from your network or something like that please let me know.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Student
rdyoungsr37
Message 3 of 9 (7,691 Views)

When I try to pair my laptop to the printer it ask for a pairing code. This is not through bluetooth.

Honor Student
Bob2468
Message 4 of 9 (7,689 Views)

I have the same problem with an P1102w.  It was when I was trying to get the printer onto my local wireless network through windows 7 after the network identified the device. It says that entering this code will verify that I am connecting to the correct device.

Honor Student
Bob2468
Message 5 of 9 (7,688 Views)

After 2 weeks I finally got my P1102w working.  Couldn't find the pairing number and gave up.

I pressed the button on the printer that mades the wireless blue light flash along with the buttong pressed on the wireless network for my home network..by the time I did the below the wireless indicator on the printer was solid blue.

I went to control panel > network and internet > view network and devices > and there was already an icon for my printer but with a 9 digit code in front of it.(I wonder if thats the pairing code, but I didn't need it anyway)

After right clicking on it and looking at its propertiers and website I went back to

start > devices and printers    and there the new icon had appeared, which I then made the default printer and it worked.

The old (useless) icon was still there 2 along with the 2 documents still pending.

I tried a word and web prints and both worked with the new setting as default.

Incidently I tried and tried to get this printer working through USB and wireless direct, only now is it working when I tried putting it on the wireless network. I was going to return it and switch to Brother if it didn't work!

Professor
Picardje
Message 6 of 9 (7,675 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hmm, i have been doing some reading on the internet and it seems to be related to wps capable routers. There is indeed a method of connection to the network with a code. However your printer does not support that method. So you will need to do it the old fashionwed way most likely. PLease make me a screenshot from the screen that asks for the code and tell me which brand an model router you are using. 

Click HERE if you wanna see how to make a screenshot

The screenshopt can be added by clicking the insert/edit picturebutton  when writing yout reply.

example.JPG

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Student
oceans911
Message 7 of 9 (6,073 Views)

I need a pairing code for HP Photosmart C5550 All-in-One. Is there a default?

can someone help? tech support, anybody...

Student
Tacan
Message 8 of 9 (4,449 Views)

I recently got a new laptop which accesses my home network.  We have a shared printer (HP Photosmart Premium 309a) which has worked through the network for a couple of years.  When trying to access the printer on my new laptop, it does not recognize the network option of printing and asks for a pairing code, which I am unable to find.  Any suggestions?

Student
Helpmom
Message 9 of 9 (2,919 Views)

I have a HP office jet 4620 printer. How do I find the pairing code?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation