Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My Photosmart 7520 is connected to my wireless network fine, it prints fine, all three computers can print to it.

The only problem I've noticed is that it is unable to connect directly to the web to obtain the various "Web Services."

I have the printer set on a static IP address, but I think the problem may be that my routers IP address: 192.168.0.1 is the same as the DNS number - just a guess - as I don't really understand the significance of this.

How do I get the Web Services activated?

Interestingly I was able to print from my iphone using the HP eprint app, but that seems to work despite the absense of web access.

Thanks.

HP Recommended
reading the previous post, I thought that answer would work, but there is no IPv4 tab only IPv6 and when I tried entering the recommended settings there it didn't like it.

Perhaps because I only installed the basic driver I don't have the IPv4 tab.

HP Recommended
Success. Instead of IPv4 I used the Network Address (IP) heading on the left and followed the instructions above. Worked like a charm.

Thanks!
HP Recommended

As mentioned above by je1finkel, the internal printer configuration pages for the 7520 have changed.  I've modified the instructions below to reflect the new workflow.  However, after applying these changes, Web Services still will not configure for me, with message "unable to connect to Web Services", and directing me to enter a proxy.  Question:  Do I need to open/direct a specific port in my router to allow this communication?  I have blocked all but the well know ports in my router as a security messure.  The provision to enter a Proxy in the Web Services setup dialog makes me suspect there is something unusual going on with ports.    

------------ New 7520 configuration workflow ------------------

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Network tab at the top of the page, then Networking along the left side, then on the new screen, choose Network Address (IP) along the left side.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you do not know the range, change the last set of numbers (those after the last '.') to 250
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.
- Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS. This is Google DNS. You can choose another external DNS if you wish.
- Click 'Apply'.

Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.

HP Recommended
Please send me the fix too, or post it on here if possible?
HP Recommended
I don't have my ports blocked. Perhaps that is why it worked for me. Maybe you want to try unblocking them to see if that is the issue.

As far as a work around if you insist on your security measure, I'm afraid I lack the know-how.

I'd try at least twice. Several other functions (e-mailing scanned documents for example) only worked on the second attempt.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem.  I found in another discussion, an HP tech sending people what appeared to be the sollution.  Anyone know what that might have been. 

Link to the other discussion.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/Photosmart-7520-Scanning-Problem/td-p/23799...

HP Recommended

same problem here too.....worked last week? Can I get the fix please?

HP Recommended

This is often a DNS issue.

Let's set a static IP address and external DNS for the printer:

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you do not know the range, change the last set of numbers (those after the last '.') to 250
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.
- Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS. This is Google DNS. You can choose another external DNS if you wish.
- Click 'Apply'.

Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.

After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

same problem here!   Please help!   I have a brand new printer and cannot connect to web services.  I have reset router and printer twice.  All software is updated and still no web services.  I cant scan to email.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.