Question

Honor Student
KellyG
Message 1 of 3 (6,368 Views)

Photosmart 6100 keeps going idle or offline

I use to Intel Based MACs using OSX and Vista. I am having the same printing problems in both operating systems. It says the printer is idle or offline. No error message occurs. On the MAC OS, if I turn the printer off and back on, it will print the files in the buffer and new files sent to printer for a short period of time but then stops working again.
On the VISTA side, it sees the printer but says it is offline or idle. If I take my printer disc and reinstall it, the printer works for a while but then goes into the off line mode again.
The printer, HP Photosmart C6100 (C8757D), is connect wireless to both computers. Both computers experience the same printing problems.
I am pretty computer iterate and have tried a dozen ways to fix this issue. Help!
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 3 (6,356 Views)

Re: Photosmart 6100 keeps going idle or offline

Download the 2 updates i'm posting the link for, and see if it helps resolve the issue on at least teh Vista PC. These updates are not for Mac.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-69585-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us〈=en&os=2093&product=1153494

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=oj-69124-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us〈=en&os=2093&product=1153494
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
KellyG
Message 3 of 3 (6,340 Views)

Re: Photosmart 6100 keeps going idle or offline

While in native Vista mode on my MAC, I installed but links you sent me. In each case a message came up saying the upgrade was not needed since I had no devices they were designed for. My HP6100 shows up in my printers but it says it is off line.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation