Photosmart 7510 printer won't print wirelessly (2558 Views)
Honor Student
nvak
Message 1 of 6 (2,558 Views)

Photosmart 7510 printer won't print wirelessly

I'm not sure if this is the right forum/topic to post this in.  I have a Dell PC with Windows 7 32-bit.  I just bought an HP Photosmart 7510 printer.  I've managed to successfully enable the printer's wireless connection to the router and to my computer, but I can't print wirelessly from the computer.  I'm getting a message saying "printer: error" and my computer won't detect the printer. 

I've searched for solutions here but I don't understand some of the instructions I'm finding.  My router is a Linksys.  I've come across instructions here saying to reset the printing system, but I don't understand how to do that or if that's what I should be doing.  All I know is that when I send a document to the printer, nothing happens.  Any help would be really appreciated, thanks in advance. 

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 6 (2,543 Views)

Re: Photosmart 7510 printer won't print wirelessly

Download and run this utility: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-104282-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

What does it say?

I am employed by HP
Teacher
pctech33
Message 3 of 6 (2,540 Views)

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support_task.html Go to the above HP Link > "See support and troubleshooting information" > key in your Printer Model >>>>> Read the Manual and/or the Set up info. Cheers.
Message 4 of 6 (2,512 Views)

Hi, thanks for the reply.  I spent several hours on the phone yesterday with HP tech support trying to resolve this.  They had me run this utility several times.  My printer does not come up on the list and when I click "not listed", it says the printer has not been detected on the network.  I'd post more information but I got absolutely miserably frustrated and cross-eyed trying to resolve this issue yesterday for hours and hours so I'm not sure what else to say about it.

I know it keeps saying the printer isn't connected to the network but both my father and I have done the set-up several times now and it always said "connection successful".  We see a solid yellow light on the little wireless icon on the front of the printer.  We know the router is working fine.  So I really don't know what the problem is or what else to say. 

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 5 of 6 (2,496 Views)

Print a Wireless Network Test from the front of the printer.  Does the printer have a proper IP address (not 169.254.x.x nor 0.0.0.0)?

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
nvak
Message 6 of 6 (2,460 Views)

Sorry to take so long to reply.  I appreciate the replies but we've decided to return the printer.  It's just not worth the trouble in my opinion. If HP ever comes up with a wireless printing system that's not such a nightmare to set up maybe then we'll reconsider.

Thanks anyway for trying to help, I really appreciate it.  Btw in case you were curious, in response to your question, yes there was a proper IP address. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation