Question

Top Student
goocho9
Message 1 of 3 (2,698 Views)

Photosmart C6280 Wireless Printing setup on a new Windows 7 - 32 bit machine..

I am able to print wireless with Windows XP machines in my home office on the Photosmart C6280 all-in-one printer.  I have installed all of the Windows 7 - 32 bit drivers from hp.com.  I have connected the printer and printed successfully through a USB cable with my new machine.  I am able to see the wireless printer that I would like to select.  However, I am unable to connect to it and print with like I was when it was USB connected.

I receive the following message when trying to select the printer I would like to select ....

"Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is denied."

Any thoughts or suggestions ??

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 3 (2,680 Views)

Re: Photosmart C6280 Wireless Printing setup on a new Windows 7 - 32 bit machine..

Have you disabled all firewalls?

Also, to what is the printer connected?

I am employed by HP
Student
ashtreecottage
Message 3 of 3 (2,589 Views)

Re: Photosmart C6280 Wireless Printing setup on a new Windows 7 - 32 bit machine..

I have a notebook with Windows 7 and have successfully installed this printer via USB.

I also wish to use it wirelessly as I did with Vista and have gone to Devices nad Printers in the Control Panel to Add the printer wirelessly,

It finds the printer at 192.168.1.2 and installs ok.

When I ping 192.168.1.2 it replies ok

However, when I send a print to it wirelessly it keep giving me an error.

I tried turning off the firewall to no effect.

When I go into the Printer Properties it shows the port as being 192.168.1.2 and is set to Raw.

Please advise what is wrong here.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation