01-01-2010 08:00 PM
I am able to print wireless with Windows XP machines in my home office on the Photosmart C6280 all-in-one printer. I have installed all of the Windows 7 - 32 bit drivers from hp.com. I have connected the printer and printed successfully through a USB cable with my new machine. I am able to see the wireless printer that I would like to select. However, I am unable to connect to it and print with like I was when it was USB connected.
I receive the following message when trying to select the printer I would like to select ....
"Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is denied."
Any thoughts or suggestions ??
01-02-2010 10:43 AM
Have you disabled all firewalls?
Also, to what is the printer connected?
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
01-25-2010 04:44 AM
I have a notebook with Windows 7 and have successfully installed this printer via USB.
I also wish to use it wirelessly as I did with Vista and have gone to Devices nad Printers in the Control Panel to Add the printer wirelessly,
It finds the printer at 192.168.1.2 and installs ok.
When I ping 192.168.1.2 it replies ok
However, when I send a print to it wirelessly it keep giving me an error.
I tried turning off the firewall to no effect.
When I go into the Printer Properties it shows the port as being 192.168.1.2 and is set to Raw.
Please advise what is wrong here.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One, ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One, and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4510 and 5520 e-All-in-One Printer Series