Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Usually setting the static IP address as I outlined above fixes this issue.  The key points are to enter the gateway and first DNS entry as I described.  Are you sure you did that right?

If that has been done, then I think you router is the trouble.  Can you update its firmware?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

i am also unable to make a wireless connection to my D100 printer, using a Verizon wifi hotspot  unit as my router.  The wireless setup wizard says i've successfully completed the wireless setup, and the printer display shows an IP address of 10.0.0.2, but the printer installer software cannot find the printer when i specify that IP.  When i try typing in 10.0.0.2 into a browser address window, it brings up Bing search results for 10.0.0.2.  (i was able to install the printer using a USB connection).  can you help.

HP Recommended

Are you sure you are entering the IP in the address bar and not the Bing bar?

Anyway, download and run this: Download and run this utility: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e17-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU&ju...

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

i believe i'm typing the IP into an empty address bar, but when i hit enter, it adds an http: in front and does a bing search.

the bing bar is to the right of the address bar.

i did download the home network diagnostic utility, and it could not find my printer either.

display detected wireless networks shows my wifi device,

display detected network devices shows "unknown" at IP 192.168.1.1 (wifi router?) and my computer at 192.168.1.2.

URL tests fine.

no firewalls detected (i live in a remote rural area)

renew network did not help either.

it also correctly retrieved and displayed  the WPA key.

HP Recommended

OK, if your router is at 192.168.1.1 and the computer at ...2, then the printer has an IP address that is not consistent with the IP structure of your router.  The computer will never find it.  It must think it is still attached to your old router.

Let's reset the printer from the front panel: Setup > Network > Reset Network Defaults (or similar words).  Now it should be able to be found by the software.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I was able to print after running the wireless wizard on the printer, and then adding the device with the install software.  However, i cannot print again - it says the printer is offline now. 

The printers shown under devices and printers are:  HP Photosmart D100 series and HP Photosmart D100 series (2).  The (2) is set as the default printer, is "ready", and has nothing in it's queue.   The first one is offline and has documents in queue.  Switching the default printer didn't work. 

I also removed both devices, and used the install software to add the printer again (succesfully), but i have the still have the same problem - 2  installed printers, one offline with queue, one "ready" with no queue.

Also, i am about out of ink in my cartridges, so i will need to buy replacements to do more testing.

HP Recommended

I resolved my problem.  I had mistakenly left my USB connection installed, and even tho i was doing the wireless installation procedure, it seemed to create 2 installed, confused printers.

I detached the USB cable, "removed" the devices from the control panel, and added the printer with the install software.

i now have 1 printer listed under devices, and it is working properly in wireless mode.

HP Recommended

That does not work on a Mac OS 10.6.7

HP Recommended

Hi. I am having the exact same problem. When I try to type in the IP address of the printer into the browser it says that it can't connect. Any help on this one?

HP Recommended

Download and run this utility: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e17-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU&ju...

What does it say?  What router?  What operating system?

I am employed by HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.