Question

Honor Student
Gilaroo_pmc
Message 1 of 7 (3,619 Views)
Accepted Solution

Photosmart Prem C310 install problem, printer is on wireless network but iMac cannot see it

Trying to install this printer. It works via USB, but when I get to the Wireless stage of the Setup and you are

told to disconnect the USB cable, it gives me the following, DEVICE not reachable...The network configuration was successfully downloaded to the device. However to continue configuring the device in network, your Mac must have access to the device. So please make sure that your Mac has access to the Network : "mynetwork" and retry.

The printer is def on the network fine (I can ping it ok) but the MAC cant see it wirelessly  and wont print. I've seen some threads with similar issues and they suggest hardwiring the IP address into the printer set process, but that isnt working for me either. Very frustrating , any help would be great

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 7 (3,606 Views)

Re: Photosmart Prem C310 install problem, printer is on wireless network but iMac cannot see it

Let's reset the printing system:

- Sys Prefs, Print & Fax
- Right (control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add it. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
RazBhai
Message 3 of 7 (310 Views)

Re: Photosmart Prem C310 install problem, printer is on wireless network but iMac cannot see it

Pleaaaaassseee help! last night my printer stopped working so i downloaded and installed the latest drives and installer but when i have to set up via Wireless my MacBook cant find it.

ive tried everything, as per below but it dosent show on the list.

i noticed that the IP address on the printer and IP address of wi-fi my Mac is connected to is different, i manually changed that on the printer but that does not work.

what should i do?

i tried adding a new printer but nothing shows up on the list so try manually adding the printer via IP but that too does not work. i was trying to fix this issue for 5 hours yeterday evening and need it working to print and scan presentations.

please advice.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 7 (291 Views)

What router?  What version of OS X?

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
RazBhai
Message 5 of 7 (285 Views)

It's OS X 10.7.5 I have downloaded the latest updates and install and installed it onto the Mac.

Using BT infinity Router.

Even though the printer is connected to my wifi it can't be found when using the installer or printer setting on Mac.

Please help
Provost
PrintDoc
Message 6 of 7 (274 Views)

It could be your BT router's non-support of Bonjour.

Let's try this first, though:

1. Restart the BT router by pulling its power plug momentarily.

2. Download and install this: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907

3. Restart your Mac.

4. Reset the printing system:

- Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Defualt tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and then next to the "Use" pulldown, select the printer model (not AirPrint). Wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
RazBhai
Message 7 of 7 (264 Views)

Thank You!!!! that update from apple did the trick. didnt need to switch the router off and its working plus i scan direct from the laptop. cant thank you enough Wohoooooo!!!:smileyvery-happy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation