Photosmart all in one C4380 offline (2627 Views)
Student
Assiral
Message 1 of 2 (2,627 Views)

Photosmart all in one C4380 offline

Photosmart all in one C4380 offline

Have this printer installed wirelessly for a few months. Printer worked for some time but goes offline after a while. Tried uninstalling/installing, plugging/ unplugging but problem came back. I even attempted assigning IP address but program couldn’t locate printer.

Please advice on solutions to this problem.

My info as per Network Configuration Page:

Network Status: Offline

Active connection type: None

Please let me know if you need additional information

Thanks

Teacher
chelogurl
Message 2 of 2 (2,603 Views)

Re: Photosmart all in one C4380 offline

Delete the printer icon from printers folder. Click File then server properties then click on the ports tab. delete the TCP/IP port associated with the printer.

Insert the cd and then click add a device. Choose network as the connection type. Then when it is searching for the printer, click next when it cannot locate it and then you will be prompted to connect the usb temporarily (this is the tricky part since this printer requires the usb connected temporarily and you have to wait for the installation screen to ask fo it) then it will try to locate your network. And then continue searching for the printer. It will eventually ask you to disconnected the usb at some point.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation