HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
11-20-2009 05:37 PM
I have a photosmart c4380 and have had it hooked to my wireless network for a while now. I used to have a buffalo router when i first established this network setup.. I then had to get a new router and currently have a LinkSYS WRT54GL and am trying to set up this printer. I have done a full un install and upon reinstalling the software i get this message:
"Your computer is unable to communicate with your printer at 192.168.1.107. This may be caused by firewall software. If you are using firewall software, verify that UDP port 427 is unblocked for both inbound and outbound traffic.
The software cannot communicate with your printer at IP address 192.168.1.107. This may be caused by many factors; the most common is firewall software."
When i print the wireless network test report from the printer, however, everything passes and it tells me:
"Congratulations on the successful setup of your wireless printer!"
I have tried to go into my LinkSYS and change the port settings and whatnot but i dont know whats going on..... is there something i am overlooking or doing wrong completely??? i need help before i throw this printer through the window!!!!
11-20-2009 05:51 PM
Your computer is looking for your printer at its old IP address. Do this (its for Vista, XP is similar):
1. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your network. Verify that you can access the printer's internal web page by browsing to its current IP address before continuing. Note the printer name (HPxxxxx).
2. Click >> Start >> Control panel >> Printers.
3. Select the printer and Delete it.
4. Click the Add a printer
5. Select Local printer
6. Select Create a new port and select Standard TCP/IP Port and click Next button.
7. Under Device type, select TCP/IP Device. Under Hostname or IP address, enter the printer's host name (found on the printer's network configuration report the generated above). Click Next.If you get a message about Additional Port Information Required, then the printer was not found using the host name. You can go back and retry or using the printer's IP address instead of the host name.
8. Select Hewlett-Packard from the list of manufacturers and select and select your printer model. Click Next.If your printer model was not listed, then select Have Disk, browse the HP CD that came with your printer and select the first file that starts with hp and ends with inf. Click Open then OK. Select your printer model. Click Next.
9. If you are asked, use the currently installed driver.
10. It will ask for the Printer name -- enter a new name or use the existing one.
11. You may be asked to share the printer. Make a choice and click Next.
12. The Print Test Page box appears. Go ahead and print it.
13. Click Finish.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos star in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP