HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
07-19-2011 09:25 AM
- Problem is: Photosmart c6180 driver disapears after restarting Windows 7
- Operating System is: Windows 7
- Connection is Wireless
- Printer is Photosmart c6180
- Driver is for Windows
- 7 and has been downloaded multiple several times from the HP Website
HP Support was not help: they could not even get the printer to work even when it was wired USB since they refused to remove the driver first. I have old computers and use USB Hubs so it puts a strain on the resources to hook up to much on the USB Ports evern with the extra power they have.
I have removed the driver and reinstalled it at least 2-3 times a month since January. The computer sees and installs the printer and it works fine as long as I do not shut down the computer. However whenever there are any updates for windows the computer needs to be restarted and then the printer won't work anymore.
I tryed this today which I found on the internet and it did not work either.
- Click on another printer or the Microsoft XPS Document Writer
- Click on Printer server properties in the top menu
- Choose Drivers in the Installed printer drivers select the printer that was uninstalled in step 3.
- Click on Remove and when asked choose Remove driver and driver package and click on ok.
- Install the Windows 7 software for the printer.
Does anyone have anything else I can try. I reinstall the printer driver again for the second time today and it allways works just fine if I just never had to restart the computer it would work fine.
I have reloaded th
07-19-2011 10:19 AM
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos star in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
07-20-2011 10:25 AM
I have been recomended this download for a similar problem, after trying the software I get a message"this file is not for windows 7"
why doesn't anyone listen ?????