05-19-2010 06:48 AM
Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit. Three HP printers installed 1 x LaserJet 2015n and 2 x HP P3005n.
Server just set up from scratch a few days ago and in the system Application log there are regular entries:
Failing application name: PrintIsolationHost.exe ver 6.1.7600.16385
Faulting module: hpzuiwn7.dll version 0.3.7071.0
Now offhand I don't know if it's the HP2015n or the P3005n printers that are generating the errors.
I downloaded and installed the Windows 2008 64bit drivers. I did check on the downloads page for Windown 2008 R2 drivers but there are none. I saw that there is a 'universal' driver for Windows 7 64bit but when I opened up the self-extracting zip I cannot see any reference to LaserJet 2015 printers.
I have not had any reports that actual printing is failing but it would be nice to get rid of the errors in the Event Viewer.
Any suggestions appreciated.
05-24-2010 05:53 AM
Did some investigating and then noticed that one of the P3005n printers was using the drivers that come with Server 2008. The 2nd P3005 & P2015n were using drivers downloaded from HP. I switched the P3005 to use the HP drivers rather than the embedded drivers and now all seems ok.
01-17-2013 08:47 AM
Thanks for the hint.
I had a similar issue : on a Windows2008 R2, I had the error “Print driver host for 32bit applications has stopped working” whenever printing was attempted.
I removed the "HP Laserjet P3011/P3015 PCL6" driver and used the universal driver instead. No more errors.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One, ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One, and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4510 and 5520 e-All-in-One Printer Series