Question

Student
palindrome52
Message 1 of 2 (868 Views)

Printer Failure

I've been using an HP Deskjet D1430 (about as simple as it gets) successfully off of my Dell inspiron 1520 with Vista Home Basic.  All of a sudden, it seems unable to find the printer.  I've changed to every USB port, rebooted repeatedly and have confirmed that it is the selected default printer--the only one on the machine in fact.  I can't even get it to print a test page.  I occasionally can elicit a red "X" that there is a spooling hang-up, but not really sure what's that about.  Making it green fixes nothing.  I can't find a new driver to download either, which I think would be my next option.  I ain't really computer saavy so it you're kind enough to reply, please appreciate my limitations  Thanks!  Ric
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 2 (867 Views)

Re: Printer Failure

have you tried installing the printer on another computer?
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation