04-01-2014 11:12 AM
My HP Officejet Pro 8600 is set as offline and locked. How do I get it working again? When I print the configuration page there is no IP address and restoring the printer to factory settings doesn't work either. I'm stuck!!!
04-02-2014 01:18 PM - edited 04-04-2014 07:33 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I would recommend performing a power cycle on your computer, printer and router:
1) Turn off your printer
2) Disconnect the power cord from the back of the router
3) Wait less than 60 seconds, then plug the power cord back into the router
3) Restart your computer
4) Turn your printer back on, wait for the computer to turn on
Next, please follow this HP document on 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the Printer Will Not Print to make sure the settings are correct.
I would recommend "Restoring the Defaults" on your printer again (This is in your wireless menu.)
Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you.
04-04-2014 08:42 AM
Unable to print when using Apple Mac wireless (however able to print printer details from Mac). Printer is HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911a and works with laptops (Windows) wirelessly. Had printer @ 2 months worked great with Mac until a week ago. Switching off both printer and computer then re-booting worked for a while but doesn't do anything now (left both off for a few hours but still did not work).
When trying to print using Mac the message says printer idle and does not change no matter how long it is left. In the last 2 days when trying now the print requests vanishes after a minute or two but no print. If try printing again just stays there saying printer idle - sometimes says printing but then goes back to printer idle - but no print.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
04-04-2014 08:58 AM
Had printer @ 2 months and up until about a week ago work well with all computers and laptops in the house. When trying to print wirelessly using the MAC printer idle message appeared and no matter how long left alone would not print. Was still able to use laptops (Windows). At first turning off both printer and Mac worked for a short while however now does not.
Able to print printer details from Mac so there must be a connection and recognising each other.
Printer is HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911a - message reads printer idle.
In last couple of days when trying to print using Mac the first attempt will show for a minute or two then vanish (but no print) any attempt after that will remain on the screen and sometimes say printing but then revert back to printer idle after a while (again no print no matter how long left).
Steps 1 to 4 below have been followed and no longer solve the problem - the printer is plugged direct into mains and again not solved problem. I have reset printer back to factory default - not solved problem.
Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
04-04-2014 07:32 PM
Thank you for this updated information. I have a couple of questions for you to answer:
1) When you restored the factory defaults (This is in your wireless menu on your printer). Did you use the Wireless Setup Wizard?
2) Did you perform all of the steps from this HP document I provided? 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the Printer Will Not Print. If so did you try resetting the print system?
3) Did you print another configuration page? Is this page still stating "No IP Address"?
4) I understand you have a Mac computer, but I need your exact operating system please. Click here to find out.
5) You did power cycle the router, printer and computer?
Looking forward to hearing from you again.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One, ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One, and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4510 and 5520 e-All-in-One Printer Series