04-15-2009 04:54 PM
I have a wireless laptop and I am not able to print from it. After 4-5 hours online with microsoft , we found that when mcafee was disabled i was able to print from my wireless laptop. So, they advised me to contact mcafee to "reconfigure" to allow printing from the laptop. I spent 2 more hours online with mcafee, followed all their instructions but it still did not resolve the issue. Finally, the last rep from mcafee said I needed to contact HP for the "port #" for the printers (I have a Laserjet 1012 and a Deskjet 5740.) Can someone please tell me where to find these port numbers ????? I tried to get through to HP and the computer response says there is no support for my product any longer. I just need to figure out these port #'s in order to adjust the firewall settings in Mcafee.
This has been extremely frustrating-- can someone please help me out??
04-15-2009 05:14 PM
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network