Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

When I run the diagnostics on my HP Photosmart C7250 printer, it says the wireless radio is not working.  Is there any way to fix this, or do I need to buy a new printer??

34 REPLIES 34
HP Recommended

i hope we get an answer because i am having the same problem..

HP Recommended
The issue can be resolved by performing a reset.In order to do that,unplug the power cord from the back of the printer,press and hold # and 6.while holding down the 2 buttons,plug in the power cord and keep holding the buttons for 10 secs and release the buttons.the printer might be turned off.So turn it On and follow the onscreen instructions.Check the wireless fucntionality again.If the issue is not resolved, this could be a hardware mal function and the printer has to be replaced.

Regards,
Nakkana

I am employed at HP
Distinguised Professor
HP Recommended

You're a lifesaver, worked perfectly, thank you so much.:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended
I also have this problem, error and message that printer's wireless radio isn't working. Are these instructions specific to the printer? My printer is HP Photosmart Premium C309a. Lost my wireless network connection to printer and settings were gone. I did have a manual IP on printer. I now have USB to my HP Win 7 PC inorder to print and network cable to router inorder to print from from WinXP Dell. Cause I had to print from bothPCs today and got tired of trying to fix problems with this printer, its always something.
HP Recommended

Hi,

From your query I understand that you have a c309a printer and the wireless radio is not fucntioning.

The reset applies to all the printers which have fax capability with buttons and which is not a touchscreen printer.Follow the same instructions regarding the semifull reset and it should resolve the issue.If it doesnt,then it should be a hardware issue with the printer.

Click on Kudos if the mentioned steps resolved the issue

Regards,

Ronnie_N

Distinguised Professor
HP Recommended

I have a HP 3050A all-in-one J611 series.  I tried the unplug, holding the 2 & # and it still does not work.  The diagnostics result still says that the wireless radio is not turned on.  This is a brand new printer that I just had set-up by Best Buy, think I should go back to them?????

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please turn ON the wireless Radio ON by going to the setup menu.Touch the Wrench icon and go to Wireless-->Settings-->Wireless ON/Off.Select ON

Try again.

If it doesnt work,perform a semi full reset by Touching the Top Left,Middle Left,Top Left,Top Left of the display as soon as possible.

Go to resets and you will find Semi full reset.( Menu (TL, ML, TL, TL) – Resets Menu – Semi-full Reset )

Follow the onscreen instructions,and try the wireless radio again.

If the issue doesnt resolve ,this could be a hardware issue with the printer

Regards,

Ronnie_N

Distinguised Professor
HP Recommended

Try turning off the wireless radio and then turning it back on.  The full reset didn't seem to work for me but when I turned off the radio and then back on, it started picking up my wireless router.  May have been a fluke but I'm glad I'm not going to have to replace the printer yet.

HP Recommended

Brilliant... thanks mate. Worked perfectly for me.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.