Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Thanks! The OP's solution fixed my issue as well. Printer is networked to the router with a static IP assigned. All Win7 machines and my main desktop prints fine; daughter's PC and wife's laptop via WIFI remained "offline" despite being able to ping the IP fine.  Unchecked SNMP Enabler and voila.

HP Recommended

I tried this but when I clicked on the Configure Ports, it told me there was an configuration error and that Filename, Directory name Volume label  syntax was incorrect. It would let me change the setting.

HP Recommended

This Link is bad, can you post the name of the utility?

HP Recommended

Print and Scan Doctor: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03286146

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

I am having this same problem , well actually two different problems with two HP wireless printers.  I suspect it may be a router configuration issue since this started happening today when I replaced my d Link DIR-655 with an Asus rt-n66R but I have not found anything in the router settings or manual.  Wirelss setup (SSD and key) were set the same and all computers and the printers appeared to connect to the new router without issue but I cannot print.

Printer 1 - Office Jet E6500 E709n.  This printer is on, has an IP from roouter, appears in router clients list,  connected to the network, can be pinged and reports status page when I go to its IP addess in a browser.  However via Windows on all machines it shows as offline.

Printer 2 - Photsmart e309g-m.  This printer is on, has an IP from roouter, appears in router clients list,  connected to the network, can be pinged and reports status page when I go to its IP addess in a browser.  However, it shows as "Ready" in Windows but when trying to print shows up as "idle" in apps and does not print - it looks like it's going to (dialog saying printing comes up) but does not.

I also downloaded the above utility and it only detects the 309 but just says it is not connected or once when it was detected and it advanced to the next page I simply got a message saying full software not included on computer, which is true since I only use for basic printing from the particular machine I am trying and it has always worked fine - I am sure it has nothing to do with the problem.

Again, since printing was fine with both printers with the old router, I suspect the router may be the issue and some settign but I have not been able to find anything that might need to be changed (did disable router firewall but that didn;t make any difference).  Stumped!

HP Recommended

What operating system?  Download and run this: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03286146

What does it say?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

As I noted in my post abpove:

"I also downloaded the above utility and it only detects the 309 but just says it is not connected or once when it was detected and it advanced to the next page I simply got a message saying full software not included on computer, which is true since I only use for basic printing from the particular machine I am trying and it has always worked fine - I am sure it has nothing to do with the problem."

HP Recommended

Download and install the Full Feature software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Well I have never had to do that before and don't really want to do so nbow.,  Have been printing from these computers to this printer with the old router for 3+ years so I don't believe this problem has anything to do with having the full software installed - drivers shoulsd suffice now just as they always have.  I believe the problem lies elsewhere so will try some other things.

HP Recommended

If you are still having problems try this:

Go to your printer setup,

Go to ports

Then configure ports

Uncheck SNMP status enabled.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.