Question

Honor Student
papaw1
Message 1 of 4 (3,831 Views)
Accepted Solution

Printer status offline

hp photosmart c8180 all-in-one says "status offline" .  how do i get it back online?  Windows 7, hardware is ok, on wireless home network

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 4 (3,793 Views)

Re: Printer status offline

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable or over a network?

If over a network, what brand and model is the router?

Disconnect the power from the wall outlet and the printer for 1 minute.  Reconnect the power to the outlet and the printer and turn the printer on.  Did this change anything?

Try using the Print and Scan Doctor.  The link also has a guide on using the tool as it is designed to help resolve many printing issues.  Did it find any errors and correct them?  If did not correct the errors, it should give a little more information regarding how to fix the issue.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
papaw1
Message 3 of 4 (3,789 Views)

Print and Scan Doctor pointed to an issue with my wireless router and I have resolved the isssue.  Thank you.

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 4 of 4 (3,778 Views)

I am glad it is working for you now.  

Thanks for letting the community know what resolved the issue.  :smileyhappy:

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation