Question

Honor Student
labosta
Message 1 of 5 (1,189 Views)

Printer unavailable on wireless network map

My D110 is discovered but cannot be placed on network map. . . When installing software for wireless detection of printer, it cannot find it even with address of printer provided within software.  I tried unistalling and re-installing but the unistall app aborts???  Any ideas? The wireless network test reports no problems found and yet the software isn't completely installed (Solution Center indicates incomplete installation) . . . I spent an hour chat with HP tech with no results!! Help!:smileyhappy:

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 5 (1,175 Views)

Re: Printer unavailable on wireless network map

So the Wireless Network Test shows it is connected to your network and no problems?  In that case, the issue is in your printer or router.

What router?  What operating system?  If Windows, Download and run this utility: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e17-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU&ju...

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
labosta
Message 3 of 5 (1,169 Views)

Thanx for your input . . . operating system: Windows 7 . . . router: Netgear N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit . . . Will run that windows link . .

Honor Student
labosta
Message 4 of 5 (1,168 Views)

Ran utility . . . Still confused . . . the utility doesn't find the printer even after refreshing . . . went to advanced tools and the printer was detected using one of the buttons near bottom of dialogue box but the :smileyvery-happy:evices Found" box still doesn't show it???  Could it be my HP software?  The installation is incomplete and I'm not allowed to delete/unistall  . . . it aborts . . . Even went to program files to try to shred . . . HP Imaging File wouldn't delete/shred . . . Said was being used in another program??? All other ements were eliminated except this file . . . Tried to re-install afterwrds and got to to the point where it searches for printer but can't locate even with IP address??  . . . .

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 5 of 5 (1,163 Views)

It sounds like things are pretty messed up.  I assumed you have rebooted during all this somewhere.

Since the utility really did not tell us anything, what antivirus do you have?  If it has a firewall, try disabling the firewall and try again.

Also, make sure your Windows is updated....

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation