Printer will not from web site. (880 Views)
Honor Student
Bernieshedd
Message 1 of 3 (880 Views)

Printer will not from web site.

Just bought a new Compaq Preserio (HP). Runs windows 7 on a 64 bit platform. Also a new HP Photosmart Plus series B209 printer hooked to the computer with a USB cable.  Printer prints fine from E-mail, MS word and MS excel. Will not print from Internet web sites like MapQuest, SW airlines, Fidelity etc.  I have spent hours on this and ready to throw the whole set up in the trash and go with a new Apple. Really appreciate any help on this.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 3 (873 Views)

Re: Printer will not from web site.

Love the Apple idea.  I did it over 3 years ago and never looked back.

In any case, can you print from different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari) or is it just an IE thing?  Have you done a Windows Update lately?

Where did you load the HP software from?  If not from here, uninstall and reinstall.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
Bernieshedd
Message 3 of 3 (848 Views)

Re: Printer will no print t from web site.

Thanks for the prompt response. My problem has been solved. Apparently when I bought my new HP PC it was loaded with The 64 bit Internet Explorer Browser . The computer has a 64 bit chassis. When printing from a web site such as Map Quest or southwest airlines, Either the web site or printer can not handle the 64 bit IE Browser and will not print. although it handled E-mail, Excel or Word just fine. The solution was to load a 32 bit version of IE Browser onto my computer.

Believe me I'm just a 75 year old novice at all this and have no idea why this solved my problem but it did. I have since removed the 64 bit version of Internet Explorer icon from my desk top and I can print everything including web pages using the 32 bit version of the browser..

PS I clicked on the kudos star but not sure if any thing happened. In any case thanks again for your help.

Bernie

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation