Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (1,312 Views)

Printer will not from web site.

Just bought a new Compaq Preserio (HP). Runs windows 7 on a 64 bit platform. Also a new HP Photosmart Plus series B209 printer hooked to the computer with a USB cable.  Printer prints fine from E-mail, MS word and MS excel. Will not print from Internet web sites like MapQuest, SW airlines, Fidelity etc.  I have spent hours on this and ready to throw the whole set up in the trash and go with a new Apple. Really appreciate any help on this.

Message 2 of 3 (1,305 Views)

Re: Printer will not from web site.

Love the Apple idea.  I did it over 3 years ago and never looked back.

In any case, can you print from different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari) or is it just an IE thing?  Have you done a Windows Update lately?

Where did you load the HP software from?  If not from here, uninstall and reinstall.

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (1,280 Views)

Re: Printer will no print t from web site.

Thanks for the prompt response. My problem has been solved. Apparently when I bought my new HP PC it was loaded with The 64 bit Internet Explorer Browser . The computer has a 64 bit chassis. When printing from a web site such as Map Quest or southwest airlines, Either the web site or printer can not handle the 64 bit IE Browser and will not print. although it handled E-mail, Excel or Word just fine. The solution was to load a 32 bit version of IE Browser onto my computer.

Believe me I'm just a 75 year old novice at all this and have no idea why this solved my problem but it did. I have since removed the 64 bit version of Internet Explorer icon from my desk top and I can print everything including web pages using the 32 bit version of the browser..

PS I clicked on the kudos star but not sure if any thing happened. In any case thanks again for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation