02-03-2010 12:30 PM
Just bought a new Compaq Preserio (HP). Runs windows 7 on a 64 bit platform. Also a new HP Photosmart Plus series B209 printer hooked to the computer with a USB cable. Printer prints fine from E-mail, MS word and MS excel. Will not print from Internet web sites like MapQuest, SW airlines, Fidelity etc. I have spent hours on this and ready to throw the whole set up in the trash and go with a new Apple. Really appreciate any help on this.
02-03-2010 01:26 PM
Love the Apple idea. I did it over 3 years ago and never looked back.
In any case, can you print from different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari) or is it just an IE thing? Have you done a Windows Update lately?
Where did you load the HP software from? If not from here, uninstall and reinstall.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
02-04-2010 11:24 AM
Thanks for the prompt response. My problem has been solved. Apparently when I bought my new HP PC it was loaded with The 64 bit Internet Explorer Browser . The computer has a 64 bit chassis. When printing from a web site such as Map Quest or southwest airlines, Either the web site or printer can not handle the 64 bit IE Browser and will not print. although it handled E-mail, Excel or Word just fine. The solution was to load a 32 bit version of IE Browser onto my computer.
Believe me I'm just a 75 year old novice at all this and have no idea why this solved my problem but it did. I have since removed the 64 bit version of Internet Explorer icon from my desk top and I can print everything including web pages using the 32 bit version of the browser..
PS I clicked on the kudos star but not sure if any thing happened. In any case thanks again for your help.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network