Question

Top Student
RocnRawMomma
Message 1 of 5 (305 Views)
Accepted Solution

Printer won't communicate with laptops or phone

I have an HP Officejet 6500 All in One Series.  It won't connect to my lap tops.  It was working fine a few days ago and then started spooling very slowly or giving me the message that it was off-line.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled a new driver on my Samsung lap top.  I rerun the wireless wizard on my HP Printer.  I try install the printer on my laptop.  It can't find my printer so I use the hostname and I have tried using the IP address.  It gives me the message that an additinal port is required.  It also gives me the choice to choose a Device Type the first one being a generic network card.  In the list it only gives me the choice for an HP Jet Direct.  I understand none of this. 

Again the wireless test result says that no problems are found.  congratulations on the successful setup of your wireless router. 

I amnot sure if this info will help.  My phone, iPad, and two other laptops, xBox and Wii all connect to the router with no issues. Please help!

Thank you,

PS I have tried many of the listed solutions with no success!

Kathy

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 5 (277 Views)

Re: Printer won't communicate with laptops or phone

What router?  What operating system on your computer?

I am employed by HP
Top Student
RocnRawMomma
Message 3 of 5 (274 Views)

Microsoft 7 64bit and Zoom Router
Top Student
RocnRawMomma
Message 4 of 5 (267 Views)

The wireless report states there is no problem found.  The IP address is 169.254 etc.  The URL: 192.168... and when I try to connect to the embedded webserver.....I get the response that it cannot be found or taking too long to respond.

What is the problem.  Are printers only suppose to last for 3-4 years.  I have made 6500 copies with this printer and it still prints well.  Please, someone respond.

Top Student
RocnRawMomma
Message 5 of 5 (251 Views)

I should have done this to begin with. But for those who are having the same issues.....I reset the printer back to its factory default settings.  It seems to be working fine now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation