04-13-2011 04:39 PM
In my home networking setup, I am printing to a HP Photosmart C6280 All-in-One. The computer that is hardwired into the ethernet cable going into a router is a Windows 7 eMachine. The printer prints fine from the local machine cabled into the printer even though I was unable to install the CD software for the HP Photosmart C6280 All-in-One since it is not Windows 7 capable. My wife has a laptop (Windows 7) and I was able to successfully set her up for wireless printing (i.e.. Windows 7 to Windows 7.)
My work laptop run Windows XP Professional. I have been unsuccessful getting wireless printing to work from the XP machine to Windows 7 on the HP Photosmart C6280 All-in-One. How do I get that to work ? step by step ?
I have seen other forums and it seems to show how to do the setup in reverse (from Windows 7 machine to a Windows XP desktop....) but not the way I have it setup.
Can someone help me ?
04-13-2011 05:18 PM
if you just want to use the printing function of the printer just clcik the link below and follow the steps
if driver is not in the list
at step 14 if you have the disc just insert the disc and browse it and hit ok it will load the correct driver....
hope this help
04-14-2011 08:17 AM
How do you do the following as suggested by HP ?
"....You can find the IP address by printing either the Wireless Network Test Report or a Network Configuration Page."
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network