Printing on a HP Photosmart C6280 All-in-One - Wireless (4586 Views)
Top Student
goocho9
Message 1 of 4 (4,586 Views)

Printing on a HP Photosmart C6280 All-in-One - Wireless

In my home networking setup, I am printing to a  HP Photosmart C6280 All-in-One.  The computer that is hardwired into the ethernet cable going into a router is a Windows 7 eMachine.  The printer prints fine from the local machine cabled into the printer even though I was unable to install the CD software for the  HP Photosmart C6280 All-in-One since it is not Windows 7 capable.  My wife has a laptop (Windows 7) and I was able to successfully set her up for wireless printing (i.e.. Windows 7 to Windows 7.)

My work laptop run Windows XP Professional.  I have been unsuccessful getting wireless printing to work from the XP machine to Windows 7 on the  HP Photosmart C6280 All-in-One.  How do I get that to work ?  step by step ?

I have seen other forums and it seems to show how to do the setup in reverse (from Windows 7 machine to a Windows XP desktop....) but not the way I have it setup.

Can someone help me ?

Intern
PrinterTech909
Message 2 of 4 (4,563 Views)

Re: Printing on a HP Photosmart C6280 All-in-One - Wireless

Hi,

if you just want to use the printing function of the printer just clcik the link below and follow the steps

http://uis.georgetown.edu/software/documentation/winxp/winxp.network.printer.html

if driver is not in the list

at step 14 if you have the disc just insert the disc and browse it and hit ok it will load the correct driver....

hope this help

Top Student
goocho9
Message 3 of 4 (4,548 Views)

How would I obtain the printer IP address as this is the best plan I can see to install the printer to date ?

Top Student
goocho9
Message 4 of 4 (4,541 Views)

How do you do the following as suggested by HP ?

"....You can find the IP address by printing either the Wireless Network Test Report or a Network Configuration Page."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation