10-09-2012 08:37 PM
How do you connect your printer to the PC ? If wirelessly, you can use same installation CD to install it on your laptop. If using USB, you have to make your PC as a print server wirelessly. My suggestion: connect the printer to a wireless router, the following manual may help:
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
10-09-2012 08:41 PM - edited 10-09-2012 08:41 PM
What operating system for the laptop? You can download and install the full featured driver from HP here.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
10-10-2012 03:49 PM
Install the software and drivers on your laptop and connect.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
Printer Hint #1 - Always buy a printer with a display panel for configuration.
Printer Hint #2 - Always buy a printer with separate black and separate color cartridges.
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection