Question

Student
frizzzdog
Message 1 of 4 (18,498 Views)

Pritner drivers (inf file and not an exe file for a Laserjet Pro 1606dn

Need a link for a print driver for Laserjet Pro 1606dn that has the win 32 bit and win 64 bit inf file(s) to be installed on a Windows 2008 print server and not an exe file like the HP site suggests running. Was told can't run it on their printer server - any links anybody?

thanks,

Marc

PhD Student
bassergitz
Message 2 of 4 (18,473 Views)

Re: Pritner drivers (inf file and not an exe file for a Laserjet Pro 1606dn

you may use a universal print driver instead

try this:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=4157320&...

Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 3 of 4 (18,467 Views)

frizzzdog wrote:

Need a link for a print driver for Laserjet Pro 1606dn that has the win 32 bit and win 64 bit inf file(s) to be installed on a Windows 2008 print server and not an exe file like the HP site suggests running. Was told can't run it on their printer server - any links anybody?

thanks,

Marc

I have just installed my HP LaserJet 1022n and all I had to do to get the .inf file was to extract it from the printer_driver.exe file. WinRAR is ok for the job. The exe drivers are packages like .zip or .rar so unpack it and get in there..:smileyhappy: 

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Student
YCCG
Message 4 of 4 (15,719 Views)

I followed this link, and I was still unable to extract an .inf file. I am attempting to add a second driver to a HP1606dn over a WAN. I have even tried using a universal print driver with no luck. Any help here would be very appreciated as I am running out of ideas.

Thanks

BTW my screen name mean Your Company Computer Guy, LOL

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation