Problem using networked Deskjet 722C from Windows 7 (4841 Views)
Honor Student
stomienomie
Message 1 of 8 (4,841 Views)
Accepted Solution

Problem using networked Deskjet 722C from Windows 7

I have a 722C connected to a mahine running WinXP SP3,  This printer has been shared with another WinXP machine for several years.  I recently purchased an HP laptop running  Windows 7 Home Edition (64 bit), to which I am trying to add the shared printer.  After much trial and error, I have the Windows 7 machine set up to use the shared printer through the WinXP machine.  However, when I attempt to print, even the basic test page, nothing prints.  On the Windows 7 machine, the print job shows up in the print queue for the printer, and displays the successful print message.  On the WinXP machine, the job shows up in the queue for a brief moment, and then disappears, without an error message, but without actually printing.  There is no activity on the printer itself. 

I started investigating this problem with Microsoft support, but the feedback I got there indicated that it is a driver problem with the HP Deskjet 722C(actually using the 720C driver).  Is there a known issue with the driver on the 64Bit Windows 7 OS?  Is there a workaround?  My printer is still working as expected with the other machines on the home network, but printing from the laptop is dead in the water, and that is after hours of effort.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 8 (4,809 Views)

Re: Problem using networked Deskjet 722C from Windows 7

There is a patch here that resolves the issue of the spooler crashing in the 64 bit of Vista or Windows 7.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Honor Student
stomienomie
Message 3 of 8 (4,779 Views)

This patch fixed the problem.  Thanks very much! 

Honor Student
jeff9555
Message 4 of 8 (3,556 Views)

HELP!! with Deskjet 722C from Windows 7

Hey Stomienomie,

I downloaded the patch, but not sure how to copy it to the right place......

any chance you couls give me step by step help doing it with explorer?

I'd really appreciate it!!!

Thanks,

Jeff

Honor Student
skyhawk72u
Message 5 of 8 (871 Views)

I cannot get a HP Deskjet 722c to print with my Dell Win 7 (64bit) laptop.  I am using cables to go parallel to usb cable.  I have heard I need some kind of patch. Is that correct, and if so could you direct me to it?   Thank You

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 8 (856 Views)

skyhawk72u wrote:

I cannot get a HP Deskjet 722c to print with my Dell Win 7 (64bit) laptop.  I am using cables to go parallel to usb cable.  I have heard I need some kind of patch. Is that correct, and if so could you direct me to it?   Thank You

The solution is marked in this thread, read it here.

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

Honor Student
skyhawk72u
Message 7 of 8 (808 Views)

I downloaded the patches and installed them.  Problem solved.  Thanks a million for the help.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 8 of 8 (797 Views)

skyhawk72u wrote:

I downloaded the patches and installed them.  Problem solved.  Thanks a million for the help.

I am glad I could help.  For the benefit of others with the same problem it would be helpful if you could indicate what brand of USB-Parallel converter you are using.  There are a dozen or so models that users have verified, many others do not work in Windows 7.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation