Problems with wireless Installation of HP 2542 (599 Views)
Honor Student
Debec
Message 1 of 5 (599 Views)

Problems with wireless Installation of HP 2542

Hi,

Just bought a HP2542 and am using it on a HP laptop running windows 8.1.I am trying to install it for wireless use. My broadband is Sky. My printer"appears " to be connected and I have printed the diagnostics from it which say, "NO probs found, congratulations on the successful setup of your wireless printer". However when I try to print I get the eprint box comes up, it searches and asks me to enter the "eprint address, ip address or host name", anything that I try to put in is not found, although to be fair I don't know if I am trying to enter the correct thing! I haven't been asked at any point for my network wps password.

I have never had problems connected a printer before and feel that I am just going around in circles. Is there anybody who can help me before I give up completely? Thank you.

Honor Student
Debec
Message 2 of 5 (593 Views)

Printer Validation Failed

After 2.5 hrs of trying to set up my new HP2542 to print wirelessly, I finally can see the printer when I press print (on the eprint pop up) so I tried to print and now get Printer Validation Failed. I am at the end of my tether now, any help please?

Windows 8.1 Sky Broadband HP Laptop HP Deskjet 2542

HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 3 of 5 (556 Views)

Re: Problems with wireless Installation of HP 2542

Hi Debec,

Welcome to the HP Support forums.  I understand that you would like to learn how to connect your printer to your wireless network and then print to it from your Windows 8.1 computer. I asked the moderator to move your second post onto this thread as it’s an update to your first post.

I’ve included the Installing the Printer Software for a Wireless Network Connection document.  It has a section dedicated to each of the supported operating systems.  Please follow the instructions for Windows 8 to ensure that the full feature driver and software gets installed instead of using the basic printer driver that comes with Windows 8.

Happytohelp01

I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Click the KUDOS Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Debec
Message 4 of 5 (546 Views)

Thank you for your help. I now have the printer working but I cannot print using Air print from my iPad, despite following all the instructions. Could you help me with that too please?

HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 5 of 5 (539 Views)

Hi Debec,

You’re most welcome. Thank you for the update, it’s great to hear the printer is now working.

Now that the printer is connected to your wireless network you should be able to print from the iPad as long as it is connected to the same network the printer is connected to.  To check if the iPad is connected to the same network I’ve included Apple’s iOS: Connecting to Wi-Fi document.

If they are on the same network and you are still unable to print from the iPad, please follow the steps in the sub-section titled “What if a 'No AirPrint Printers Found' message displays on my Apple device?”.  The steps can be found in the document How to Use Apple's AirPrint Over a Wireless Network.

Happytohelp01

I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Click the KUDOS Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation