Question

PhD Student
Dot4
Message 1 of 143 (79,553 Views)

Problems with your HP printer after upgrading to Windows 8.1

[ Edited ]

If you are experiencing problems with your HP printer after upgrading to Windows 8.1 please click on the below link and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the utility to fix the issue.

www.hp.com/go/tools.

I was an HP employee

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved

**Say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**
Top Student
pcguy121
Message 2 of 143 (79,439 Views)

Re: Problems with your HP printer after upgrading to Windows 8.1

I'm not sure that my problem is specifiacally related to my upgrade to Windows 8.1.

My problem is that when I go to print, my printer shows as offline. Waking up the printer does not change this. I have reinstalled the printer at least twice. I have run the Print and Scan Dr app. I have to turn the printer off and then back on to get it back online. When I have reintalled the printer, it's found, but the wireless wizard has trouble installing it and I have to enter the IP address. I have, of course, made sure the IP address hasn't changed when I run into connectivity problems.

Top Student
gossat
Message 3 of 143 (78,547 Views)

Hi.....my laserjet 1536dnf mfp was working perfectly with win 8 pro....then I installed win 8.1 pro and now the computer ,which is part of a network,can not communicate with the scanner of the printer--it prints just fine. On another computer (running win 7 ) on the same network, the scanner and all other printer functions  work just fine.

I have tried installing the latest drivers from HP......scanner still not "communicating" with computer.....also temporarily disabled firewall.....please help...all the best -David G (gossat)

PhD Student
Dot4
Message 4 of 143 (78,516 Views)

David,

Did you try running the HP Print and Scan Doctor?  If not download it from the link that is in this thread and let me know what happens. If you have down loaded it and ran it what happened?

I was an HP employee

Top Student
gossat
Message 5 of 143 (78,503 Views)

yes....it keeps sending me to  HP for the latest  drivers page for the Laserjet 1536 ........I have actually installed all the drivers listed.....and still nothing .....should I get rid of all the old drivers and re-install everything from scratch.....ie the complete (210 MB ) "installation " software ?

Top Student
gossat
Message 6 of 143 (78,501 Views)

yes....it keeps sending me to HP for the latest drivers page for the Laserjet 1536 ........I have actually installed all the drivers listed.....and still nothing .....should I get rid of all the old drivers and re-install everything from scratch.....ie the complete (210 MB ) "installation " software ?
PhD Student
Dot4
Message 7 of 143 (78,500 Views)

David,

Yes, do a complete uninstall and try re-installing the software and let me know if that works.

I was an HP employee

Student
ncrawford94
Message 8 of 143 (78,424 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, I just updated my HP laptop to Windows 8.1 and now my laptop cannot detect my HP LaserJet P1102w 's wireless network. It finds our wifi just fine, but not the printer's network. What should I do? Thanks.

Honor Student
friedchicken
Message 9 of 143 (78,372 Views)

I also have problem printing to Deskjet 5150 on a XP machine since installing a new HP Pavilion with Win 8.1.

The HP Print &Scan Doctor can 'see' the printer "HP Deskjet 5150 Series" on USB Connect is Visible with installed Software Status, but after clicking Next it says the product is not connected.

I have tried the Windows Add Printer dialog, and tried the HP 8.1 driver for this Deskjet 5150, neither of which can connect to the printer.

My previous XP machine connected and printed just fine.

AlanB

Honor Student
zeus3221
Message 10 of 143 (78,143 Views)

I recently upgraded my windows software from 8.0 to 8.1 Pro.  Now my HP PSC 2355xi All-In-One printer will not print. 

I have installed  HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the utility to fix the problem.  It did not fix the problem.  My printer connections are good and communicates with my computer.  When I send anything to PRINT, the document shows up in the print queue and then a second later disappears and never gets sent to my computer.  No error messages show up on my printer.

I have no idea what has happened.   Anyone have a solution, or any answer, please reply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation