Problems with your HP printer after upgrading to Windows 8.1 (57906 Views)
Top Student
Richard09
Message 91 of 144 (1,045 Views)

Re: Problems with your HP printer after upgrading to Windows 8.1

Thank you for your help.

I have gone through all of the steps before.  I am fan of HP printers and have used them practically since they came into the market for PC's.  The software however has been a problem for so many years. On this Windows 8 computer we have given up and gone to another printer manufacturer.   While the grass is not always greener, it did fix the problem.

Student
DLilMonster
Message 92 of 144 (1,021 Views)

After upgrading to Windows 8.1 my printer (HP Officejet 6213 ) refuses to print :smileysad: . I have tried reinstalling the printer and upgrading my chipset drivers but neither worked. When I ran the scan and print doctor the scan  works just fine but  I have not been successful in my attempts to print a test page - or anything at all. I have noticed that the print job for the test page goes to the spooler but then after a few seconds - dissapears completely. Also in Devices and Printers my printer is listed as offline even though my printer is switched on and plugged in via USB.

Will I ever be able to print anything ever again?? #SomebodyHelpMe 

Honor Student
serjo
Message 93 of 144 (1,008 Views)

Hi,

I did have the same problem, with the link that follows everything worked out fine:

http://www.wiknix.com/solved-printer-not-working-in-windows-8-1/#comment-8101

Good luck !

serjo

Top Student
fd0069
Message 94 of 144 (976 Views)

I recently upgraded my machine to Windows 8.1.  Before that my M175nw (LaserJet 100 color all in one) worked great with my 802.11n wifi network.  Then my printer would no longer recognize my network.  I tried uninstalling all hp related software on this computer and then re-installing the basic drivers for printing and scanning.  It would get to 99% and time out and I would get an error message telling me that it timed out.  I don't have a wps button on my modem/router.  Also, when I printed the wireless network test report, I received a message that the printer could not find my wireless router.   I tried running the print and scan doctor and it could not find my device.  Don't know what to try next.  Any suggestions would be welcome.  My printer works fine with my work laptop which is Windows 7.  Incidentally both machines are 64 bit version of Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 respectively. 

Thank you,

Frank D

Tutor
sue_M
Message 95 of 144 (950 Views)

[ Edited ]

Serjo:  Thanks for the suggestion...but this has been suggested before, and it doesn't work for me.  Nothing does!!  I don't know what to do next.  I have tried each and every one of the suggestions and fixes listed here, including Print & Scan Doctor, uninstalling and reinstalling, updating drivers, stopping and starting the spooler service.  Nothing works.  Need another suggestion!!!  But thanks for trying...

Tutor
Timmy1024
Message 96 of 144 (893 Views)

Have you tried what I posted on the previous page?:

1) Go to http://PRINTER_IP

2) On the Network tab, at the bottom left, enable every service

3) Turn off printer, wait 60 seconds, turn on

4) Now the Device Setup should quickly find the printer

Top Student
fd0069
Message 97 of 144 (878 Views)

Hello Timmy1024,

I tried all the suggestions on the previous page except the  http://PRINTER_IP suggestion with no luck.  Now I also tried the  http://PRINTER_IP suggestion and I get a page can not be displayed message.  I am pretty certain that my printer in its wireless configuration is not able to get on my home wireless network.   And I don't know how to tell it what the password is to get on my wireless network. 

I was able to get both print and scan functions to work via USB cable but what was attractive about this all in one was the wireless capabilities.  They worked beautifully when it was a windows 8 machine and I am now questioning my decision to upgrade to Windows 8.1. 

Also, it used to be that the name Hewlett Packard stood for quality and reliability as I have owned other LaserJet printers, but now I am not so sure.

Frank

Student
MOXX1
Message 98 of 144 (826 Views)

I do have the same problem as my predecessors: my Laptop (8.1) doesn´t communicate with the scanner while printing does work. But after runnign the HP scan doctor it works well but after a restart of the Laptop it ´s the same as before.

Michael

Tutor
sue_M
Message 99 of 144 (815 Views)

MOXX1 wrote:

I do have the same problem as my predecessors: my Laptop (8.1) doesn´t communicate with the scanner while printing does work. But after runnign the HP scan doctor it works well but after a restart of the Laptop it ´s the same as before.

Michael

I have tried all of the suggestions on this forum.  Including http:/printer_ip and the problem is NOT that the network doesn't FIND the printer, the problem is that the printer will not print.  In all my other places, such as list of network components, printers and devices, even in the router's admin program, the printer is visible and available.  BOTH my printers are visible and available.  The problem is that it JUST WON'T PRINT!!!!!  "printer queue full" and "unable to create print job" are the two messages I get.  And yes, I have tried emptying the printers folder through administrative tools/services.  I have tried everything.  Next step is to just give up and reformat the computer back to windows 8.  How DARE HP ALLOW THIS PROBLEM TO CONTINUE!!!

Tutor
WLCummings1
Message 100 of 144 (801 Views)

Here is the response i received from HP - please note the third grade english and "we are PLEASED to inform you we will not fix your stupid problem" \

Thank you for contacting Hewlett-Packard.

This is in response to your e-mail regarding the HP LaserJet M1522 Multifunction Printer series.

Dear Bill,

Thank you for contacting HP e-Delivery.

According to the serial number, the warranty for the support has expired.

As per your e-mail to us, I understand that you need a scanner driver for your HP LaserJet M1522 Multifunction Printer over Windows 8.1 Operating systems.

Bill, we are pleased to inform you that we do not have printer full software for the Windows 8.1 Operating systems environment.  So, it is not possible to perform scanning functions with over Windows 8.1 Operating systems.

However, you may try the below steps to address the issue:

Note: I am referring you to a non-HP link. This is only for a best customer experience. HP will not be responsible for any further concerns which will be caused due to accessing the link.

HP aspires to provide the most up-to-date information on HP drivers and software. Please check back soon for updates. We suggest that you subscribe for the alerts from the following HP URL that provides you alerts and updates:

http://www.hp.com/united-states/subscribe/gateway/?jumpid=go/subscribe-gate1

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused.

Once again, thank you for contacting HP e-Delivery.

Best Regards,

Suresh.K      |  Technical Support Engineer  |  HP e-Delivery.

NOTE: Our advice is strictly limited to the question asked and is based on the information provided to us. Problems and solutions may depend on the nature of your system environment and various other parameters that are unknown to HP; therefore, HP cannot assume any responsibility or liability. Please be advised that technical information changes as new data becomes available, therefore, HP recommends that you check back at our technical support web site located at http://www.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html regularly for possible updates. Hewlett-Packard shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages in connection with the use of this information.

Sincerely,

HP Email Support

Please include the following identifier in the subject line of all future correspondence relating to this ticket.

Incident ID: <70735163>>

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation