Question
Problems with your HP printer after upgrading to Windows 8.1
Replies (143)

Honor Student
Lajode
Message 141 of 144 (1,820 Views)

Re: Problems with your HP printer after upgrading to Windows 8.1

HP Scan Doctor finds nothing wrong with my device either.  The device (HP 950c All-in-One) is listed, and once chosen the Scan Doctor progresses to the half way point, then spins its wheels -- needing to be terminated.  I once let it run while running some errands for a few hours, and upon my return discovered it in the same state as when I left.

Quite frustrating.  I am surprised to hear that even newer printer purchases are having these issues with Windows 8.1.

The long and short of it is this: software is now released in an unfinished (calling it buggy would be generous) state, and the public are all beta testers.  In retrospect, it would have been wiser to have stayed on Windows 8, and only moved to Windows 8,1 when it was stable.  On the other hand, one would think that "8.1" implies a minor release or fix -- not such a major change that you cannot go back (at least easily).  Also, there was no mention of the experimental nature of 8.1 when my new Dell Inspiron 1737 suggested I "upgrade"...

=Lajode
Student
ssat
Message 142 of 144 (1,533 Views)

I have a new windows 8., 64 bit1 laptop. I cannot print or scan  to my old HP officejet 6110xi all-in-one printer.

I tried to uninstall/install driver. Ran the doctor. Didnot help.

Honor Student
maxbloggs
Message 143 of 144 (1,514 Views)

thanks for help i reinstalled the software all good

max

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 144 of 144 (1,231 Views)

If you are experiencing problems with your HP inkjet printer after upgrading to Windows 8.1 please click on the below link and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the utility to fix the issue.

www.hp.com/go/tools.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation