Question
Problems with your HP printer after upgrading to Windows 8.1
Replies (142)

Student
turnipmangle
Message 11 of 143 (28,684 Views)

Re: Problems with your HP printer after upgrading to Windows 8.1

My HP PSC 2355 is installed on an HP p7-1455 running Windows 8.1 64-bit. My Dell E521 - running Windows 8.1 Pro 32-bit cannot print to the HP PSC 2355 across the network or via direct USB connection. When the HP PSC 2355 was connected to the Dell, it worked fine - standalone and networked. I have just updated the drivers on both computers. The HP diagnosis and repair application detects a device busy but when I turn the printer on and off again, it says all is well - but it still does not print. Scanning is not affected.

Student
SiStan
Message 12 of 143 (28,655 Views)

Dot4 wrote:

If you are experiencing problems with your HP printer after upgrading to Windows 8.1 please click on the below link and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the utility to fix the issue.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-123410-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Hi Dot4

I've 'upgraded' to 8.1. Since doing this, the HP2055 I use on a network says it's offline. I've uninstalled and tried to reinstal from the original disk, but I get an error saying my system won't support it.

I tried the doctor and now it can't find the printer.

Please help me!

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 13 of 143 (28,632 Views)

Hello

Make sure you uninstall the old printer software first. (usb make sure cable is disconnected)

Here is a url to fully uninstall a printer in Win8.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M0GVVcwT-o

Here is a url to temporarily disable all the start up programs to see if one of them is causing any issues.
http://theunlockr.com/2012/04/05/how-to-change-windows-8s-startup-programs/

You will have to follow the same steps to enable all again.

Then reinstall the printer software again from the url.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html

Hope this helps.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Student
Jancsika
Message 14 of 143 (28,201 Views)

Running Win 8.1.

Printer not printing

HP Print and Scan Doctor downloaded and installed same.

Start  Doctor which finds my Deskjet 5150 printer but not my Scanjet 3670 Scanner. Click run Doctor which thinks my Printer is a Scanner. Tried all combinations of power on power off disconnect and reconnect jointly a d seperately for each device.

Sure all drivers are upto date

Jancsika

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 15 of 143 (28,035 Views)

Hello Jancsika,

I'm sorry to hear that your printers are not functioning with your Windows 8.1. I would like to help with the Deskjet 5150 and I do understand you have ran the Print and Scan Doctor. I would suggest trying to run the HP Printers Install Wizard for Windows to see if this will properly add the printer.

As for your Scanjet 3670, this is a commercial product so to get the best help and exposure with this device, please visit:

HP Enterprise Business Community  or Scanner/Scanjet Community

I hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Top Student
sjr01
Message 16 of 143 (27,971 Views)

hi,  i have been using a hp photosmart c310a for a couple of years without any problem even when using non hp ink catridges.  --however since downloading windows 8.1 from windows 8 i have had problems printing documents-- the printer keeps warning about non hp cartidges and stays offline when attempting to print so once a document is in the printer queue i then have to manually uncheck " the use printer offline" message to get the printer to work. it appears each time i turn on my p.c and printer this happens!! i have already downloaded the print and scan doctor which ther is no fault--i now suspect since downloading win 8.1 my printer won,t let me use non hp ink cartridges even if i choose to??? any ideas /comments appreciated.  

Honor Student
roccosouth
Message 17 of 143 (27,964 Views)

I run the HP fix for this problem however it fix the part of the problem. I am able to connect to the HP printer on the network however after I select the print button it takes several minutes for the document to print. Also when I place the cursor on the document and left click the mouse the blue circle appears and the document color fades to a lighter color and again it will take several minutes for the document to print.

Any suggestion would be appreciated as this upgrade to 8.1 has slowed productivity.

Thanks

Rocco J. Avellini

Student
Isolabella
Message 18 of 143 (27,794 Views)

Like so many people, my Photosmart 7510, linked wirelessly to the PC running  Windows 8.1, shows as "Offline" all the time, even when the wireless blue light is showing steady. Anything sent to it will print only when the printer is switched Off and then On again and then it simply prints what had been sent before the switch Off. How can the printer be turned Online all the time?

Honor Student
bostonroy
Message 19 of 143 (27,554 Views)

Having a prob;em getting my HP PSC 950 to print a complete page,  It prints the first 10-25% of the page and then the printer goes into error status.  The HP Print and Scan Doctor runs a diagnostic and tells me it has fix a problem or there are no problems with the printer.  Either way it continues to not print a complete page,  I'm using the 64 bit Windows 8.1 on a brand new HP 17" laptop.  Anyone else encountering this problem?

Student
UART_C
Message 20 of 143 (27,537 Views)

I am using C7280 Printer, it was working fine with win 8, but after I upgrade to win 8.1 then I always failed to install printer driver, the driver setup tool can find my printer(through ethernet connection) in the printer device list, but it will show "cannot not install driver" later.

I have used  Print and Scan Doctor to fix this problem,  it said my printer didn't install software yet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation